Tuesday, September 12, 2006

And the Rain Came

I actually did get some weeding done. And it felt soooo good outside. The weather bug tells me it's only 72 right now and I am loving it!!! Hate, hate, hate 90+!!! Oh, RabbitStitches (and all of you other TX folk), I do feel for you with that heat that you have that just KEEPS HANGING ON! I'm sure we will get some more really warm days before Winter sets in but I am certainly going to enjoy this temperate weather all I can. :) The windows are open, the breeze blowing, my Fall curtains (LOL actually made out of kitchen towels LOL) over the sink in the kitchen flapping in the wind. Oh, I want to go sit on my lakeside porch with a fresh cup of coffee, work on my crocheted rug, and watch it rain! We, too, have had so little rain this Summer that it's a treat when it does happen. :) I finished quilting the two pieces for my Summer/Fall pillow, have it mostly stuffed (trying to decide if I want it any fatter---sometimes I prefer them not so stuffed), and decided I had to post pics now. You see, I hand-appliqued both pieces LAST year (grins), but I do believe this dang blogging deal is going to push me into finishing stuff just so I can prove to the world (or maybe just to myself) that I actually DO finish things!! :) As I said before, my machine-quilting is certainly not going to win any awards, but I really do need the practice because I hand-appliqued and stabilized on the machine an oversized twin quilt that I intended to be all mine, and I am determined that I am going to finish machine-quilting it. Don't ask how long ago I made the thing...it's been long enough that I would have to look the date up in my records to tell you!!! ROFL I want to do some emails, and I need to decide what, if anything :), we can have for dinner, so I'm going to try to get the photos posted. That alone could take a while.

3 comments:

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Hey Angie,,,
I can just see you clicking on that image button :o)...I will come back and see the pictures ...

Curtains made from dish towels? That I would like to see!! I bet they are cute as bugs ears!!

I too love to open up the windows and air out the house...I do it every chance I get!

Hoping Mr. Blog will let you get your pictures up!! Take some of those curtains too :O)...

Finn said...

Hi Angie, the pillow looks great! What a neat idea to make it reversible. I would never have thought of that one! I have several christmas pillows I put out, but that's about it.

I guess as time passes by, I do less and less of that kind of thing for myself and my house. I need to get busy again..*VBS* After all, north,south,east or west..home is best!! And this is "IT" for me..*VBS* Hugs, Finn

Linda_J said...

Yep, blogging keeps you accountable and often focused on the task at hand. Like how your rug is growing--we can see progress.

We also can lead you off on another tangent but that is not ALL bad, LOL.