Saturday, September 30, 2006

Another Beautiful Day

Here's another one of my Fall wall quilts. I love the colors in this one. The purple just adds a sparkle. Purple, like red, is a neutral, right??? :) I really want to be outside piddling today...the wind is blowing, but the sun is so warm. Makes me think about how I'll be wishing for days like this when February and March are here. However, between the thyroid mess and my heart going wacky, I've been ordered by the dr. to just take it easy. Needless to say, I would ignore that to a large degree *G* if I had the energy to, and if my family weren't continually reminding me NOT to do anything. So here I am, feeling as worthless as an old bluetick hound that's treed his last 'coon. Reminds me of that TV show, HeeHaw. :) I've spent my morning looking for a quilt pattern that I KNOW is in one of these gazillion magazines or books that I have, and I still can't run it down. It's a pumpkin quilt...can see it as plain as day in my mind...and after seeing Screen Doors' quilt, with "pumpkin" pieced, and not having gotten up the courage to try LazyGal's method yet, I really wanted to see how they had pieced the letters in the one I remember being in one of these mags. I want to make some more leaves for my Hour-A-Day quilt too. I should just go work on that. Nah, that should wait until dark, when I can't be outside. Maybe I should just go to the porch and finish my rag rug. I'm really anxious to try an oval rag rug, and I'm NOT starting that until I've completely finished this round one. I've been trying to get the crocheted dishclothes fine tuned too. I'm really not very good at any of these hobbies that I have *S*, but oh I do enjoy TRYING. :) We have gotten us a tractor!!! And now Randy is out bushhogging around our barn. :) That man had never even been on a tractor until last weekend....now you should see him...he's having a ball. I just hope he will not attempt the hill yet. And I hope that he remembers to stop and check the fuel....he's very likely to run out since the gauge isn't working properly. LOL Den, I need one of Daddy's old oil cans and also one of his old grease guns. :) I told Randy I KNOW you will have one of each for us. ;) Could get new ones, but would rather have an antique!! :) Now, we can get us a horse and a cow!!! I would love to have one of each!! I'm going outside in the sunshine now. Hope every one has a great weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have some nice fall quilts...hope you a good weekend.

Finn said...

Quilt looks great Angie, and you are right..the purple sure does add some sparkle..*VBS* And, by the way, if the DR. is telling you to "stay put and relax"? please DO that!!!
As hard as it is, just do it! Hugs, Finn

Sweet P said...

That is an adorable quilt! Relaxing and taking it east isn't always bad, although sometimes you can get tired of relaxing. But if you need to do it, then you should do it.

Did you find the pattern you were looking for? I hate when that happens.

Libby said...

You have to do as the dr. says -- that's what will allow you to do all the things you are longing to now *s* Your fall quilt is great. I like the applique around the border. Have been thinking of trying out the tumbler .... hmmmm.

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

I like searching for those lost patterns. It's a good excuse to re-read all your old magazines.

jenclair said...

I love a man who loves to bush hog. Oh yeah, almost all men love to bush hog 'cause they love driving a tractor.

I like the applique around the edge, too!

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Angie,
My husband had never driven a tractor either till we moved here.. he too loves to bush hog the pasture! Did someone tell your dh for sure not to let a Diesal tractor run completely out of fuel? Ours is Diesal not gasoline so dh watches it pretty close..I do not remember why they told dh that but they did...lol...

I think your very good at your hobbies.. Be nice to you!.... :O).....