Sunday, September 17, 2006

Hour-A-Day Leaf Quilt

I'm joining Judy in the hour-a-day leaf quilt, and have pieced 3 leaves so far. I had to make a fabric run yesterday LOL for 4 yards of background fabric (didn't want to have to think/choose in making a scrappy background). Got home with 4 yards of one fabric which I decided was too dark for some of my leaf fabrics, sooooo chose another BG fabric which I only have 2 yards of, so guess I get to do tomorrow.....yup, I get to go buy 2 more yards!!! LOL Here's a picture of the first block I made. More pics later. I've not had any luck getting to the computer the last couple of days, hence no post. When I have more time, I will post pictures of the leaves I've done so far. Every Fall I want a leaf quilt and have just never settled into making me one. Thought this would be the ideal time....also the first time I've ever joined in on anything online, so it should be lots of fun. I'm always apprehensive that if I commit in word online to participating in some challenge that I will end up feeling pressured, or feel like I'm not as fast as everyone else, or any number of things....ROFL.....This should be good for me. This block pattern is really quick and easy to make...and I'm working on the leaves before I get to the alternate block cause.......you got it, had to find and order online an older line of fabric that I wanted for my alternate block and border, and I only had 2 yards of it. LOL It's another gorgeous day here in Tennessee, and I have a stack of quilt books waiting for me to prowl through out on the porch. Will have to get up off my rump pretty soon and get some paperwork ready that Randy needs for work tomorrow. It's going to be a really busy week in a lot of ways. He has work every day this week which requires lots of paperwork on my part. I have two more Physical Therapy sessions this coming week, on Wednesday I'm going to go spend the afternoon with my friend that has Parkinsonism and Alheizers, then on Friday morning I have an appt. with a neurosurgeon about my back. As soon as I finish that appt., I'm heading up the road 3 hrs to my sister's house (she has a broken ankle and is supposed to stay still...yeah, sure) to help her get started on an appliqued snowman kit that she bought a couple of years ago and didn't know what to do with. Also she wants me to show her how to make a raggy flannel quilt. She's not a quilter, but would like to learn. Anyone have a good online addy for beginner's quilting 101? :) That's it for now...I want to spend a while on the porch with my books and a fresh cup of coffee. Hope all of you are having a wonderful weekend.

4 comments:

jenclair said...

The color is terrific, and your block looks great!

I'm so frustrated with Blogger and pictures. I've never had such consistent difficulty in posting pictures before.

Nancy said...

Your first leaf is lovely. Although I have one maple leaf quilt top I'm going to do this one too because I love the setting. Just need to start pulling fabrics to see what I have to work with.

Finn said...

Hi Angie, your leaf looks wonderful! And I think you can put the worries about pressure back in the box..*S*..Judy isn't that kind of person. I've seen some of the gals doing the first one(like Jeanne) who are way behind the original time line..and it makes no difference to anyone.
IT's fun and no pressure to perform, so rest easy..*VBS*
Online quilting 101?? About all I can thinkj of is www.worldwidequiltpage.
com...try putting that in a search engine. I know they used to have really good basic instructions and blocks.

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Hiya Girly...
Since I got a sneak peek at your Leaf block *vbs* I knew it was wonderful before you posted it!! and yes I am going to do a leaf quilt too I have decided after seeing your block, you could not possibly be slower than I am rofl...I am with with Nancy I need to go see what fabrics I can use, LOL I know I have plenty! tee hee...

no pressures lets just enjoy it...