Monday, September 11, 2006

Monday Morning Blues

Sorry this is so blurred---taken through window with zoom You can't read it but it's at 18" :D A couple of WIPs :) Don't you just love having your week start with a phone call at 9:00 a.m. asking if your husband is on his way to a 9 a.m. meeting that you have marked "cancelled" on your calendar??? And of course, the writing was in MY handwriting!!! :) Okay, sent him off to his "cancelled" meeting, now I can get on with the rest of my day of remembrance of September 11, 2001. It's so hard to believe that this actually happened...and happened 5 years ago!! Such a tragedy! I kept trying yesterday afternoon to get these two pictures posted but Blogger simply would not cooperate. So here they are. My crocheted rug is actually up to 21" now. Yee Haa! And I'm finally making some progress with my hooked rug. Would like to make the ground look like snow, so will change the flower on it to a pine tree. I don't think the flower that is on it would actually be growing in the snow. :) The first picture is of deer eating from my birdfeeder!! Sorry it's so blurry---still learning how to use my digital camera, and it was taken from inside looking out the window. I'm still not having much luck with getting my posts published. So I think I'll go do some chores and try again later today.

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Hi Angie! Well, I'm finally getting myself up to speed with blog reading again!
I'll enjoy watching your rug hooking projects -- my turkey rug is languishing in a tote tub.
Jeanne

Angie said...

Oh Jeanne, I'm sooo glad you're back!! Your's was one of the first quilting blogs that I found....I went through the whole thing...archives and all!! :) You are such an inspiration, and I missed you during your renovations. I quilt too...but LOL seem to do more dreaming about it then actually finishing things...TONS of UFOs...short attention span, don't ya know?? ROFLOL

Patti said...

Hi Angie - welcome to blogging! I'm a little late with my welcome - but better late than never. Love how your rug is looking - both of them in fact! Found you by way of Finn - what a neat lady! - and look forward to getting to know you better.

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Angie, I hear ya on blogger today and it not cooperating .... tee hee... took me three times today to get my post up,,,

Totally understand that short attention span thing lol, I think it comes with being a creative person!! :O)

Libby said...

That rug is looking great -- getting larger and larger all the time *s*

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

The rug looks great. My rectangular one was my first one, so I haven't tried to do circles. Has it got a spot to go to, or is it just evolving?