Thursday, September 28, 2006

Storms

We just had one whopper of a storm!!! The hail piled up like it had snowed and the temps dropped 15 degs. We even lost power for a while. There I was with an oil lamp in the middle of the afternoon (it was so dark) chopping up my salad veggies that I had just brought in from the grocery store. I'm on a strict diet for 2 weeks prepping for a test on Oct. 9 and 10, and about all I can eat are fruits and veggies. ;) Don't ya know this ole girl will lose some weight!!! LOL I'm so glad I got that shopping out of the way before the storms came. I don't like lightening but I love storms (especially when I'm in my house LOL). The biggest problem is that my Badger baby freaks out when it storms. We have to give him doggie valium, so I'm always relieved for his sake when they're over. I'm in the process of trying to clear off my cutting table so I can make another leaf block or two. I have so many books, magazines and fabrics piled up that there's just no room for me to work. :( Time, AGAIN, for a major pick-up and straighten-up in there. The biggest problem is that I have literally run out of anywhere to move it to!!! Guess I'm really going to have to get busy, cut it up, and make quilts and rugs to clear it out!!!! LOL I have nothing that could come close to comparing to Screen Door's Fall quilts (which I absolutely LOVE!!!), but I have a few Fall wallhangings. So I'm sticking in a picture of of my favorite one. The other picture is just to prove that I had my sister's dining room table covered, and my sister hard at work last week. We had a great time.....but did it ever go fast!!!! And she will want to hang me since she's partially in the picture (and don't you know, she's camera-shy ;) ). I'm headed back into my sewing room again. I'm leaving instructions for my hubby to come dig me out if he hasn't seen or heard from me in an hour. LOL

8 comments:

Libby said...

Harper does not do well in storms either .. or fireworks, cars backfiring, etc. I was told that putting a snug t-shirt on is helpful. I gave it a try and it does easy some of her worry. Somehow the tightness on her body is comforting. It doesn't work in the worst or long, ongoing storms. Give it a try.

Screen Door said...

Thanks for enjoying the quilts. Years of quilting add up. Fall is the season in the U.P....I need to focus on some spring ones. You really don't have much spring in the UP.
Be sweet
Melanie

KCQuilter said...

Oh, what an adorable scarecrow quilt!!! I have a "thing" for scarecrows and use them a lot in fall decorating. Hope the storms have passed for a while!

bluerain said...

Hi Angie, did you get the bread recipe through e-mail? If you didn't, let me know and I will post it on my blog.....

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Your Scarecrow wall hanging is so cute... so many pretty fall quilts! I have seen so many on the blogs!!

All veggies and fruits for two weeks! Sign me up!! (vegetarian here ya know) *VBS*

If you have a juicer.. one red delicious apple, 7 carrots, one celery stalk! whew is that tasty! :O)

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

My dogs don't like the storms either. We had our first one for the summer this week, and I had 2 shadows for the duration of the thunder

bettsy said...

we never seem to get much autumn or spring weather where I am. It is spring here now and I am not sure where it is because summer seems to have arrived before it.(kids have been swimming in the pool all week)I guess as a result I don't even think of making quilts for seasons but it is fun to look at everyone elses.

Finn said...

Sounds like nasty storms that both thunder and then hail!
I'd be scared too, much like your pooch..*S*

Neat wall hanging..nice to see the autumn stuff come out. Hugs, Finn