Saturday, September 09, 2006

A Taste of Fall is in the Air

It's Saturday morning---a touch of Fall is in the air--and I love it!! Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. I love everything about it...snuggling in my flannels on the porch in the chill air with my first cup of coffee. Time to think about putting the garden to bed for the coming Winter, chopping wood so we will have stacks of it for our woodburner when the winds grow really cold, scurrying around like squirrels to gather in the harvest. I've been running the last couple of weeks for drs. appts. which I hate doing. I'm really a hermit, and quite content to stay in my nest for weeks on end. I never feel like I'm missing out on anything by staying home. I've had my days of running hither and yon. Now, I just want to play in my fabric, wear out my quilt books and mags dreaming over all of those wonderful quilts that I would love to make. And, of course, now I'm thinking in terms of tons of yardage (oh no, not my "stash" for a rug---I might need "it" for that really really special quilt that I'm always making "some day" :D) for crocheting rugs. :) I think I've gotten to about 18" on my rug now. Would have had a lot more done if I hadn't had to do those necessary things like going to the grocery store, vet, doctor, etc. *S* I'm watching my hummingbirds dwindle daily. I now only have a couple that haven't flown off for their wintering in South America. I have two feeders now, and I've had 15 of those delightful little creatures feeding at a time this summer. I watch for them to return in the Spring, and I'm always a bit melancholy to see them go. I must get up from here and pick up some clutter. I met a "weekend" neighbor yesterday, and was trying to entice her and her daughter to come play with me. :) I would love to have a quilting/rughooking buddy close by. They may or may not show up today to check out my "toys", but if they came this very minute, I would most definitely be embarrassed....quilt books and magazines cover the coffee table, rugs (both "in progress" hooking and crocheting) are in the livingroom floor, dog toys tossed around willy-nilly, the island covered with cookbooks and recipes that I've printed from blogs....well, you get the picture, right?? In my estimation-- a disaster!! LOL

14 comments:

Libby said...

Sounds just like the homey atmosphere in which to welcome a quilting/rughooking buddy *s*
Fall is my favorite, too. It's so comfy and cozy feeling to me - the colors, the aromas ...

Screen Door said...

Hey! You don't have your email set up in your profile, but I wanted to talk to you. The pumpkin table runner is a Thimbleberries Harvest runner. It's supposed to have sunflowers on it and I change it to leaves. I think it's in her book with the Mittens on the cover. Thanks for stopping by.

Finn said...

Hi Angie, looks like you are having a really great time with this!!! I'm so glad, and it's selfish I know, but this way I get to see the great pictures and projects...LOL, aren't I clever...LOL
I love autumn best of all, all the winding down and slowing down and getting ready for the event that is coming.
You have such a beautiful place, I don't think I'd want to be "out and about" either..*VBS*
I'm looking forward to seeing more..*VBS* Hugs, Finn

dot said...

Welcome, this blogging is addictive. I look forward to reading and seeing what you are working on.

May Britt said...

Welcom to blogland. I am a newbee myself, started blogging aug 5th and I am hocked now LOL You are going to get so many good friends in blogland.
Love the birdhousequilt you have made
Hugs from Norway

Linda_J said...

Finn sent us over to welcome you to bloggerland. She is our den mother, LOL.

I can help you with the adding links in your sidebar if you like. I've done that for several of the people in my web ring. I'll see if you have an email addy first or just hit the email tag on my profile and I'll send the info back.

Nancy said...

Welcome to blogland! Finn is an inspiration to all of us. Don't you just love her? :-) She ALMOST has me wanting to crochet a rug. But I'm resisting. Too many quilts that are begging to be done first.

Angie said...

Finn, you are THE BEST!! :) Thank you for your encouragement! :)

Libby, Dot, May Brit,and LindaJ, I'm sooo glad you stopped by! :) The coffee is always on (or tea if you prefer :D), and I'm fairly isolated insofar as my quilting and rug hooking are concerned, so all new friends are welcome! :)

LindaJ, I would be delighted to have your help with the sidebar. I'm truly a "slow-learner" when it comes to figuring out anything other than the basics of the computer. Finn also offered her help with adding links but this is my DH's computer that I'm usually on (his is satellite, mine is dialup :(), so I sometimes have to relinquish it to him. LOL All help is welcome!!

Angie said...

Oops, Screen Door, I missed acknowledging you---but NOT intentionally! You know you're always welcome to come for coffee too! LOL

Simonetta said...

Hi Angie,welcome in the world Blog. It is a fantastic world where it is known fantastic people :))))

Joanne said...

Welcome to Blogland! I find your writing is very good -- I enjoy reading it, so it must be!
I'm also inspired by your crochet rug -- might have to start one one of these days!

KCQuilter said...

Welcome to Blogging! I love your blog and have bookmarked it to return often! Actually it could have been written by me!! I was just saying yesterday that the hummingbirds at my two feeders off the deck are getting fewer. The cats (indoor variety) and I love watching their antics. And Fall-well, what's not to love!!! I like to crochet too but it has definitely taken a backseat to quilting these past several years.

Marcie said...

I just read thru your blog. Just so you know, we ALL have trouble with blogger! I have found that if I save my post as a draft first, it won't get lost if it doesn't upload. Also, when you go to the spot where you write entries there is a place you can click that says "retrieve previous post" or something like that. That should bring your post back too. I am pretty new at this also, and we all pick up more as we go along. Have fun! And welcome!

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Hi Angie, I am the other newbie blogger that Finn was helping set up a blog at the same time she was helping you! She is so nice isn't she!

I had to laugh in your one post where you said it let you post a picture this time LOL ... I too have had some issues with the picture thing in blog land LOL... but it seems to be getting easier now :O)...

Beautiful place you have there!
Rabbitstitchings