Sunday, October 22, 2006

Cutting Wood

We worked all afternoon cutting a pickup load of wood and ricking it for the coming cold weather. :) Oh, I do love being outside doing stuff like that. And it gives me such a warm, cozy feeling to see our stacks of wood growing higher. I'll have to take a picture of it and post it for posterity's sake. :D I love the physical aspect of it too....makes me feel like I'm reacquainting my muscles with what they were originally intended to do. LOL I'm hoping that you can click on the scanned bread recipe and make it large enough for those of you who wanted it to print. It's from the book "New Complete Book of Breads" by Bernard Clayton. I found the baking time to be way too long for my oven, so I'm going to try it at 350 deg. for 35-40 min. the next time I make it. Send me an email if you can't get it to pull up large enough for you to print it off. The bread was absolutely wonderful....one loaf is all gone....but I have one left!! :D I appliqued a bit on table runner that I started waaayy back when that I'll post of picture of soon. Also cut a few more leaves out for piecing. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to rummage in the stash for more fabrics for it or just make as many leaves from the fat quarters that I've already used. And I'm still being "urged" by a few of you to show my wool stash. LOL I'm considering posting an "I Spy" picture of my sewing "stewdio" and let you pick out which pile is wool. ROFL You have no idea what a "mess" can be!!!! ROFL

6 comments:

Darcie said...

I'm catching up from being away from the computer for a few days.... Hope you don't mind the combining of comments....

Your sourdough bread looks delightful, Angie! I love making/baking bread!

It looks like you live in quite a lovely setting...the sunscapes with the water are just gorgeous to see!

What a darling little hummingbird perched on your feeder. Looks like your pic belongs in "Bird and Blooms" magazine!

anne bebbington said...

Angie - thanks for the comment on my blog - your bread looks scrummy - never had much success with bread myself - looking back over your post I love that little applique quilt with the plaid fabric - really sweet - another picture to save for inspiration at a later date :o)

Libby said...

Firewood stacked, fresh yummy bread and sitting down to stitch some applique -- sounds like a wonderful day *s*

Pam said...

The bread sure looks good. I was able to read the recipe with no problems so I saved the pictures. Might try making it next weekend.
Thanks for the recipe.

Rabbit Stitchings said...

mmmm maybe if you show your stash on your blog,, I will show mine!!! lol....

Thanks for putting up the bread recipe!!

meggie said...

mmm, Bread sounds nice
I wont be showing my stash any time soon!!
It is in so many different locations, I have to spend quite a bit of time 'finding' what I want!