Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Done Done

Here it is---6 yards of fabric, and a few weeks later, and I have a crocheted rug that finished to about 29-1/2". I'm very very pleased with how it turned out! Thank you, Finn!!! This rug is what started my blogging---and also "created" the name of my blog "The Thread Catcher". LOL I was working on my rug early on when someone rang the doorbell. I got up to go to the door, glanced down, and I had threads ALL OVER the front of my clothes. LOL Hence, the name. Now, I have to decided what colors to pull so I can try an oval rug. :D Fall colors, right??? But do I just start cutting strips from darker hued fabrics? I don't have any dark fabric that is in a large amount of yardage like the fabric I used for this rug. So, I'll ponder that for a bit. I have completed another couple of leaf blocks for my hour-a-day quilt---but---it's slow going when you have to sew, reverse sew, and sew again! LOL every seam that you sew!!! Oh, and I did receive the amount of yardage that I had ordered for the alternate block in the leaf quilt. I'm really thrilled with this particular fabric. I haven't started the alternate blocks yet, and I'm moving really slowly on the leaves cause I'm doing one at a time as I pull fat quarters that say "Fall" to me (well, of course, in addition to sewing a single seam several times LOL). My friend Evonne called last night to tell me she had maybe found the "pumpkin" pattern I had been looking for. I knew I had it...in a magazine...in a book....but I had zillions and had been on a OCD tear looking for the quilt. Someone asked in a comment the other day if I had found the pattern I was looking for. At that time, no I hadn't, and it was making me even crazier than I already am!!! LOL But Evonne found it for me in the Oct. 2003 American Patchwork and Quilting mag!!! Yea!!!!!! So, now I can compare how they pieced their letters with Tonya's (lazygalquilting), and see if my brain can grasp the concept behind Tonya's. :) Thanks bunches, Evonne!!! :)

9 comments:

Hedgehog said...

Congrats on finishing the rug - it's great!

jenclair said...

I love the rug! Don't you think this would be a great activity for those winter months when you can sit down in front of the fire with an old movie and feel like you are accomplishing something as you enjoy yourself? I'm going to look through my stash...

Patti said...

Your rug looks really great! I'm not at all surprised you want to make another one right away. What a great use for the fabrics in your stash that you no longer "love".

Rabbit Stitchings said...

LOVE the rug!!! you did a super job!!

I cannot wait to see your leaf quilt!

Anonymous said...

Your rug turned out really nice...congrats on a finished project...so you like winter...you need to visit me in February...you wont like it for long.. lol...Toni

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

Love your rug - great spot for it too. I think the good thing about these rugs is you can do a bit with one fabric and if you don't like it... out she comes. I like the look in parts of mine where there is a short piece of fabric changing to another.

Darcie said...

Oh, what a cozey little niche that makes! Great work, Angie!

And yes...just start cutting anything and everything!!! Dump all of your strips into a bin...pull them out one by one...connect...make fabric balls...and away you go!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reading my blog! Your comments were very encouraging. I love you rug! It was fun to read through your blog and see the rug progress.

Norma said...

Do you mind sharing how you made the rug? What size strips of fabric did you use? What size crochet hook did you use? I have several yards of a brown and beige homespun that I picked up on sale. I am thinking it would make a nice rug but I don't know where to start. I love your rug!