Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I've hit a deep slump when it comes to quilting. My sewing room is in such a mess that I don't even want to go in there. I keep waiting for the housecleaning fairy to arrive but she seems to have been held up somewhere else. LOL This little quilt is from Simple Blessings by Kim Diehl. I love this book....every quilt in it is one that I would love to have...as well as her book Simple Traditions. Both are wonderful books. I hand-pieced and hand-quilted this one. :) I apologize for the lousy photo quality. Speaking of books, I just went to the post office to pick up a package from Amazon. I finally got a HUGE bread book that I had ordered some time ago. Last Fall and Winter I spent playing with sourdough starter and bread. The one that I make isn't the sweet sourdough, but more of a yeasty bread. Delicious right out of the oven, slathered with butter.....yummmmm! I haven't made any in several months, so now that I'm off of the diet I was on for 3 weeks, I pulled my starter out of the fridge yesterday and started trying to revive it. :) Now, I'll also be wanting to try some of the bread recipes in this book that I got today. My nesting instincts kick in really strong in the Fall and Winter months. :) It's in the 70s today, so I'm going outside and see if I can get some of the clutter cleared from the back porch. I know we have more rain and cooler temps predicted for this weekend again, so I need to "make hay while the sun is shining" ! :)

6 comments:

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Sourdough bread YUMMY! I just love it! I should see about getting a starter and do some too...I think King Arthur Flour has a starter, I am about ready to place another order with them, so will add that to my list!

The little quilt is so pretty Angie.. such tiny little pieces!

Fiona said...

That little quilt is lovely, just can't resist plaids.

Hedgehog said...

Could you send that fairy my way when she's done at your place?! I've been thinking about starting some sour dough. ... Love that wall hanging!

Laurie Ann said...

Once the cool weather comes and the rain falls, I'll bet you'll be more motivated to go inside and clean out that studio and get to quilting. It'll come!

Libby said...

I think the cleaning fairies must be out on strike or something -- I have given up. I didn't bother cleaning my quilting room either. I just pulled a couple of fabrics and began cutting and stitching. I feel so much better and I'll have a quilt top before I know it *s*

Screen Door said...

70 degree temp sound nice. I love you quilt. There will always be messes to clean..quilting is more fun.