Sunday, October 29, 2006

Time Change, Quilty Projects, and Rambling

Marcie over at Patchalot asked if I had found an applique pattern to work on. Well, the first picture is a Jan Patek wallhanging or pillow that I started playing with last night. Just needed something quick to satisfy that urge for needleturn applique. ;) The other is a quilt by Thimbleberries that I started Lord knows how long ago. I've machine-quilted, hand-quilted, machine-quilted some more LOL, and I'm back to hand-quilting now. Am almost finished quilting the blocks, will probably machine-quilt the wide outer border, and bind this puppy. :D One thing about starting this blog, and reading everyone else's, is that it has me digging through those UFOs and pulling things out to try to finish. All of these quilty blogs are a great source of motivation for me. :) Glorie, my niece/quilt buddy, is headed to Houston Quilt Market!!!! Yea!!!! She and her husband are setting out and heading in that direction anyway. So if you actually go all the way, Glorie, LOL be sure and remember to BUY TWO OF EVERYTHING!!!! ROFL And hope you have a blast, girl!! :D It is an absolutely glorious morning here in northeast TN! Hope everyone remembered to set their clocks back. :-) I love it getting light earlier in the morning, and actually, I love the shorter days that we have now. I always feel like I should be outside when the days are longer. Now I don't have to feel guilty for settling in and reading or quilting earlier in the evenings. I also love to hear the wind whistling around the windows, raking and walking in the crunchy leaves, fires in the stove, soups and stews simmering, watching the snow fall. My nesting instinct will kick in big time now that the days are shorter. :D

15 comments:

Judith said...

I love both quilts very much. I also have to go and quilt a timbleberries quilt. Just now to find time as it is very big one.

Libby said...

I love Jan Patek's designs. Enjoy your time stitching away as the days get shorter and you are tucked cozily inside.

meggie said...

Sounds lovely!
We have just changed into Daylight Saving, so getting ready for the summer heat.
Love your applique.

Screen Door said...

I love the colors in your scrap fabrics for applique. Keep us posted.

Sweet P said...

Great job on the applique. I love the shorter days too. My nesting instinct is finding me sewing binding on a quilt today while l istening to the roaring wind.

Tazzie said...

Have fun with your applique. I made that Thimbleberries club project too, It was a fall 2003 project, and I only finished it about two years after everyone else! The time change is the opposite for us, and we slept in this morning, right thru the alarm, so Amy was a little late for school! Oops!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

jpquilter said...

that jan patek applique looks very fun - and I agree about the time change - those dark evenings are well spent quilting
juliann

YankeeQuilter said...

Jan's patterns are great. I have one sitting in a bag with all the fabric picked out just waiting for the right moment to start!

The time change feels really extreame here. It is already getting dark by 4:30! Since I can't drive in the dark it really is forcing me to plan well!
Siobhan

KCQuilter said...

Oooh, love both the Patek and Thimbleberries pieces! Great job!

Nancy said...

I've always like that pattern you are working on from Jan Patek, and needle turn is so relaxing, like looking at your books to see if I have any of the same, tend to collect more of her older ones. Nancy in a snowy MT

Pam said...

November is a good month to stay inside and quilt. I love to do the needle turn applique as well, it seems so satisfying.

Sounds like lots of people are off to Houston Quilt Market. Maybe something to put on my "to do" list.

Su Bee said...

I'm with you - all nesty and homey and just want to bake and sew. Candle light and fires and all those wintry thing are the BEST!
BTW - your 'space' looks like mine, all quilt books and stuff. Best seat in the house!

Lois R. said...

Love the cozy, warm colors of your quilts. They say "autumn" to me!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Angie! I love Tennessee. We'll most likely be back for the Pigeon Forge Quiltfest this year. Thanks for checking in at my blog and for the kind complements. I am brand new but so far I really like blogging. I also like reading others' blogs so I'll be looking around in your's as well. Drop by anytime!

Kathleen Marie said...

Wow, you are MAJORLY gifted! I am a simple crafty person. The key word there is SIMPLE :)