Friday, October 27, 2006

Where Did October Go??

Wow, I can't believe that Halloween is on Tuesday, and October is on it's way out the door! Where did the month go? What do I have to show for those 31 days? Not much, I can tell you that. :D It was a beautiful month, and I find that the older I get, the faster they go, but oh they seem so much more beautiful to me too. We got enough rains that the leaves turned just beautiful shades. I kept running for the camera trying to capture them in just the right light. I'm trying to post a picture now of my view from my kitchen window. If I manage to get it loaded, you will see what I mean! :) Unfortunately, it's been raining hard ALL day, and neither sattelite nor blogger photo upload want to let me play with this today. :( I bought a couple of cheapie rugs for my "big" room, and I love the large one I got for in front of the sofa. I'm an "in the floor" kind of person, and hardwood is no fun to sit on and play. So, since I can't get blogger to let me upload pictures to go with my post today, I just dragged a bunch of quilt books in on the rug by the fire, and I'm picking out a couple of Jan Patek small wallhangings to needleturn appliqe. I'm in the mood for applique, and one of my UFOs has really gone AWOL. ROFL Sooooo, I'll just be forced to start another one!! :D Well, what do you know!!!! I finally got a photo up!! Now if I can get the couple that relate to quilting I'll be in high cotton!! :D Here are the flannel half yards, a couple of homespun pieces, and the books that I bought on Monday at The Cherry Pit. Love them! I think Blogger has decided I've posted enough pictures for today. :) So I'm off to shop the stash for applique. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

10 comments:

DubiQuilts said...

Your house is very nice! The trees are very colorful. It has been raining and the leaves and dropping very fast. Have a great weekend!

meggie said...

Lovely leaves!
Of course we are having spring, & so the wonderful lime greens are out! I love our Maple tree at every stage- even bare, in winter.

Looks like you are set to have a wonderful weekend with all those lovely fabrics! Enjoy!

Libby said...

A cool, rainy day in front of the fire looking through quilt books .... now that's the life. Isn't it great? Enjoy and share what you make soon *s*

KCQuilter said...

Ooooh, what a great foliage shot! I love when the trees get that "popcorn ball" look to them!

Finn said...

Hi Angie, yes, October is dancing as fast as she can because her exit is coming up quickly from north. Those north winds will blow her off to oblivion, and usher in the harsher reality of November.
Glad you got Blogger to work...it has been having tantrums for several days, it seems. Hugs, Finn

Tazzie said...

What lovely pictues, I love the Autumn colours, and that fireplace sure does look cosy.
Thank you so much for sharing
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way. October has flown by in such a rush. This is my favorite time of year, and I want it to slow down so I can savor it.

Screen Door said...

Beautiful pictures...looks like fun.

Sweet P said...

Beautiful fall foliage. All of ours is going to be gone after this weekend. I don't have a fireplace to sit in front, but I sure wish I did. Sounds like you had a nice day.

Marcie said...

Wow, what a view-thanks for sharing. We don't get the pretty fall colors here in V.B. I do miss that. Did you find the applique you want to do? Your lannels are so pretty.