Saturday, October 28, 2006

Windy Day

This is where I end up doing handwork and watching TV. And yes, I always have a couple of wienie dogs piled up around me. :D And my new rug that I laid around on all afternoon yesterday, looking thru quilt books in front of the fire. :D It was really a wonderful, rainy, chilly day to stay by the fire and play! These are a few more books that I got this past week. I have tons of marigolds that I want to pick and try dyeing some wool with. I'm really excited about the books on "natural" dyes. Can't wait to give it a try. One of my sisters asked if I couldn't just buy dyes to use. Well, YES, but have I ever done anything the easy way??? ROFL And it appeals to the primitive, country girl in me to try my hand at using what nature has put in front of me. I think lots of us are having a windy day. This kind of day reminds me of Halloweens when I was growing up. Blustery, chilly, cloudy. In my memory bank, it seems that most of my Halloweens were like this and I always hated having to wear a coat and cover up my costume. :D Of course, I think it's supposed to be around 70 here on Tuesday. So maybe the little goblins won't have to cover up those cute costumes this year. :) Hope everyone is having a fun Saturday.

12 comments:

DubiQuilts said...

Hi, It is very windy here too. Very nice room and it is much better with the dogs.

Libby said...

Looks quite cozy. I remember watching Martha Stewart some years ago using onion skins to dye Easter Eggs. I have wondered what such a technique would do to cotton fabric. I also spy a couple of Red Wagon books -- looks like your are going to be having a lot of fun.

May Britt said...

In Norway we have had a sunny beautiful day. Perhaps one of the last before the snow arriwes. Cosy sewingspot you have. And i guess there is just quilting books on the table.

Screen Door said...

Quilting is always my permission slip for watching TV. Keep us posted on the fabric dying. I've tea/coffee dyed but that's it.

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Okay I finally got over here to catch up with you! Your purchases look so fun you got the day you went shopping!

I agree wood floor are rough to sit on but boy do I love em!!

Your view where you live is outstanding!!! We simply do not get color like that in Texas in the fall...well not where I live anyway...

quiltpixie said...

Thanks for your comment over on my blog. I really loved the photo of your "corner" dogs and all.... I've got three indoor cats that seem to think where I am is where they should be, which is all well and good until they complain whe n stuck with a quiting needle! :-)

Tazzie said...

What a lovely cosy place to sit and stitch. I'm seeing so many lovely sewing spaces, it's just wonderful. I love the look of those books there, and I love the sound of natural dyeing. I've always wanted to try dyeing, but have never been brave enough!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Simonetta said...

Very beautiful your books Angie! Have a great weekend :)))

Tonya R said...

What sweetie dogs. I'd love to come and read quilting books in front of the fire - sounds wonderful. We always had to wear coats over our costumes at Halloween - definitely ruins the look.

Anonymous said...

Just look at all of the books! This looks like a vacation to me: comfortable couch, books, television and handwork combo available, fire in the fireplace, and outside - wind and rain.

jpquilter said...

your coffee table looks like mine - when company is coming, I have to clear it off but it comes right back out - I love having my quilt books sitting around, easy to access
juliann

Sharon said...

A friend just sent me some yellow Cosmos seeds that she uses to dye her threads, yarns and fabrics with (the flowers, not the seeds) I'm anxious to try them out next year. Love your pictures, and the wiener dogs ,too