Thursday, October 05, 2006

Wonky Punkins 4 Sale from the Wonky Punkin Patch at Ship's Landing

Decided to pull a couple of UFOs out of the pile last night. Finished needleturn applique on the folk art flowers, and it's ready for it's pieced borders. The "Punkins 4 Sale" was started last Fall while my niece was here for a visit. She did the cutting, got most of her's pieced while she was here (I think :P), and of course finished her's and used it last Fall. As soon as I hit a snag with mine, it was tossed into the UFO pile. I'm challenged when it comes to "straight seams" and "pieced borders" ;P. So, I decided this a.m. that I would get the borders on the "punkins" by "whacking" whatever was in the way and holding up progress!! LOL With any luck at all, I'll get the "punkins" quilted this afternoon....well, after I clean the bathrooms and get up a bit of dust in the livingroom. They're calling for rain this afternoon (altho it's really pretty outside right now), so I think it would be a great day to spend in the sewing room.

6 comments:

Tonya R said...

there you go - just straighten up the line and wheeee, it all works. precision is overrated, not to mention frustrating. better to have it finished!

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Love both your projects :O) and yeppers I am with ya straighten that up and go go go.... who is going to measure it anyway lol...
Cute as can both projects!!

and to answer your question...no I didn't buy a thing... but I enjoyed walking the store and looking!

Fiona said...

The flowers are lovely and so are the punkins and remember, most of the time wonky=interesting.

Sweet P said...

Beautiful flowers and delightful punkins!

Screen Door said...

I'm glad you decided to finish the pumpkin quilt--- looks cute.

Shelina said...

Angie, these are both great quilts. They would look lovely hung up and welcoming the beautiful season in. Please be sure to finish them.