Monday, November 13, 2006

Clearing Flowerbeds

(The idea for the candlemat and the leaf fabric came from my dear friend, Evonne....thanks, girlfriend!) :D This is a little flannel candlemat that I made recently. Really a quick little project. Great for instant satisfaction. :D The other side is a Winter flannel so I can just flip it over after Thanksgiving. I've almost finished appliquing the Jan Patek piece, so I'll post a picture of it in a couple of days. Thought you might like to Homer Kitty's little Halloween face. He really is a Halloween cat. He's very black with a sparse sprinkling of white threaded through his coat. The light from the camera doesn't do his shiny black coat justice. :) It made it up to 56 today, and the sun finally came out about Noon, so it felt like a heat wave compared to the days we've had lately. So I cleared the marigolds from my flowerbeds. I had a gazillion volunteer marigolds this summer. I really enjoyed them. I wanted to try dyeing wool with them but you know that dang "round two it"? LOL Well it just never showed up so I decided today was the day for them to go. So glad I got that little chore done. I have a couple of volunteer holly bushes that have sprouted up that I hope to get moved tomorrow. The ground is just right for transplanting since we had rain on Saturday. I really hope the hollies live. I've always wanted one of the holly trees. Had tons of energy today. Felt better than I've felt in a couple of months. Maybe the lethargy is about to vaporize. :) I even went for a walk this afternoon. I have just been so draggy for so long, I had just about forgotten what it was like to have some energy. :D I have a roast with potatoes and carrots in the crockpot, and I will make a pan of cornbread to have with that. I also made a Cool Whip Fruit Salad that is absolutely yummy!! I've been wanting it for over a week now, so I may just have to eat LOTS of it!!! *grins* Thought some of you might enjoy this recipe as well. Cool whip Fruit Salad 1 reg.size cream cheese, softened 1 can sweetened condensed milk 1 large container Cool Whip 1/2 c. lemon juice 1 small can crushed pineapple, drained 2 reg.size cans fruit cocktail, drained 2-3 bananas, sliced 1 small bunch white grapes, halved 1 cup pecans or walnuts Drain fruit well. Cream cheese at low speed. Add sweetened condensed milk, mix well. Add cool whip, mix well, add lemon juice, mix well. Stir in fruits and nuts. Garnish with coconut and cinnamon sprinkled on top. Chill.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

seu gatinho é muito giro...

Libby said...

Your recipe reminds me of a clever little concoction my mom used to make for the holidays.

Anonymous said...

Send the warn weather my way, PLEASE! I love the candlemat. Where did you get the pattern?

Hommer does look like a halloween cat.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

What exactly would Cool Whip be? (For this ignorant little Aussie!)

Rabbit Stitchings said...

The candle ring is neat Angie! is it a tube? or?

Your fruit salad sounds very tasty with the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk, it would have to be yummy, those two ingredients make anything good I think!! *VBG*

Glad to hear you are feeling perkier, Hope it will stick for ya...

Darcie said...

Glad to hear that you're feeling like yourself, Angie!

Your salad sounds great. I've never used the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk in mine...just whipped topping. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Your candlemat is darling. That would make great little gifts, wouldn't it.

Gotta love a kitty just begging for a tummy rub!!!

meggie said...

Love your kitty!
Glad to hear you are feeling better!
Now where did I put my energy??

YankeeQuilter said...

Thanks for the recipie...sounds like great comfort food! Good lucj with the Holly Tree/bush. I love bushes with bright berries in winter.
Siobhan

Isabelle said...

I love the idea of "volunteer" plants - mind you, getting rid of them would be more difficult if you give them such sweet personalities! How I would love to come and drink that tea on your porch! You should indeed come to Scotland - but possibly not today, since it's pouring.

How I would love a sister to have a playdate with...