Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Frightful Mess

I'm still not having any luck posting pictures again today. I have no idea what the problem is so here's a place you can go see that "frightful mess" if you're so inclined LOL : www.agsquilter.wordpress.com. I'm so discouraged with blogger right now, I'm serious ly considering moving my blog. We'll see. Since I'm really computer-challenged, I hate to have to start over. Wordpress seems a bit more daunting to me, probably justbecause I haven't had the time to play with it yet. But when I posted that picture last night, it was up just lickety-split. McIrish Annie asked for the authors of the natural dye books that I posted some time back. "Craft of the Dyer, Colour from Plants and Lichens" is by Karen Leigh Casselman, and "The Complete Natural Dyeing Guide" by Marie Sugar and is published by Rug Hooking Magazine. I bought both of these from Amazon.com. The Complete Natural Dyeing Guide has "89 natural dye recipes for rug hookers and other fiber artists". :D It's a beautiful morning but it looks like cooler temperatures are on the way. Time to pull out some flannel jammies. :D I can't believe today is Nov. 1 and I've been sitting on my porch having my coffee and reading quilt magazines. Just wonderful! I should have been out for a walk instead of sitting. Maybe I'll still go for a walk.

5 comments:

Libby said...

Your stash looks good to me *s* I have a similar system of storage.

I'm not too computer saavy, myself. Have you tried using Picassa for loading photos? I got this tip from Finn and have found it very helpful. From time to time it still eats my post, but I have learned to make a copy in a temp. word file -- then I don't have to rewrite. Good Luck.

DubiQuilts said...

Love the stash. Blogger is a mess. As Libby said you can download photos with Picassa but I have not tried.

McIrish Annie said...

angie, thanks for the authors, i will look for them on amazon. Can't believe you waited til Nov. 1 to pull the flannel jammies!!. i've been wearing mine for about 3 weeks (though we have had a bit of a warm spell.)

Fiona said...

Your stash looks so inviting. I've had trouble with blogger uploading pics since I got back from holiday too but I would have to be very brave to change. My blog is soooo basic - nothing on the sidebar 'cos I don't know how to put anything there - I comfort myself with the thought that it's plain and simple!

soccertxi said...

Thanks for posting your picture...even if Blogger is being crabby. I'm so glad to see the 'creative mess" in someone else's stash looks just like the one that greets me in my own! My family does NOT understand that absoute neatness does NOT equate with creativity. The quilt police don't grade my studio either. ::::grin::::