Thursday, November 02, 2006

It's a brisk morning here in NE TN. The little gold finches are huddled around the feeder, and have changed their wardrobe from gold/cream for those winter coats of browns/tans. The temp this morning of 37 is a far cry from those warm temps yesterday morning when I sat on the porch having my coffee. But I love the winter days in their own way as much as I do those wonderful warm days. It's supposed to be down to 28 tonight--that's cold--and we have to go out this evening to the funeral home. I have nothing to wear. Closets are stuffed full but nothing that fits the season nor the body. LOL If we were going to be home I would definitely be building me a fire tonight...maybe Randy will have one going in the morning for me to get up and sit by. :D He always gets out of bed before I do. *g* Wanted to show you my progress with the Jan Patek piece. I love playing with these large pieces. I'm going to put a vine on the left side and some leaves---I can call it "End of Summer". :) Thanks for the kind comments about my "fabric closet mess". Free room and board for those of you with the organizational O/C disorder! ROFL Linda said we had to start with moving the stuff out of the floor so I can get to the fabrics, but where to put it---well, now, that's the million dollar question as you haven't seen the floor of the room that that closet is located in!!!!! ROFL I maintain my agility by climbing OVER stuff!! LOL Have to get up from here...miles to go, and all of that! Have a good day.

8 comments:

Sue said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I really like your quilt block, though I wish it was representing the beginning of summer, I'm not ready for winter quite yet. I love your quilt stash, I can just imagine the great stuff you have in there!

Jackie said...

I love the Jan Patek block - I love large applique pieces and her patterns are very fun! Great pictures of your fabric closet - I'm sure you have treasures in there you don't even know you have!! (I'm always surprised when I go through my fabric).

Tracey said...

oh my goodness


I am in COMPLETE awe of your fabric closet. NOT about the mess, mind you...about the QUANTITY of fabric you own!! My dear Angie....we're probably around the same age...can we be sisters?? Cuz, ya know...sisters share. ;o) LOL!

Tell me...exactly how long did it take you to acquire all of that fabric? I've been at this quilting thing for almost 18 years..and I ain't go nowhere's near that amount of fabric. I have failed as a quilter, haven't I? LOL! :oP

Finn said...

You Jan Patek piece is wonderful. I do LOVE that crow!
And the nice big size is fun. Love the name you are thinking of using.
I left a remark on the post below also, be sure to check...*VBS* Hugs, Finn

Marcie said...

Love your applique block, Angie! And you really need to recruit Patti to help with that closet! She is the pro! Me? I just kinda like to roll around in it! Have fun!

meggie said...

Hi Angie
I called GOM to come & see your closet of fabrics. He didnt seem impressed- told me I am as bad!
Haha, bur seriously, I have not got as much as you do!!
Can you see the green from here?

Libby said...

The block looks great. I do love her projects. I think you came up with a great name.

KCQuilter said...

Oooh, gorgeous Jan Patek block. You do such nice applique! Much more important than tidying up an ole' fabric closet LOL!