Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Latest "Creation" ;p

I'm just not brave enough yet to put a picture of myself up here...and certainly not one with this hat on ! ROFL However, I did want to share what I crocheted last Friday afternoon. I've been seeing all of these knitted hats and fingerless gloves...well, I don't know how to knit, although I'm trying desperately to learn...so, I found a free hat pattern online for crochet and made that instead. I'm now waiting on an order of wool yarn to arrive so I can try my hand at crocheting another style of hat and felting it. What I really really want are those fingerless gloves, and there are free knitting patterns for them, but I haven't been able to find exactly the same kind of pattern for crocheted ones. Soooo, I've been told that those fingerless gloves AREN'T beginner material LOL and the only person I know who knows how to do ANY knitting at all says she can only knit and purl. We were trying to figure out how to work with 3 needles this past weekend (ROFL) as that is how you make these gloves BUTTTTT we weren't successful. LOL As a matter of fact, we were pretty hilarious. :-O Anyway, that's what I'm into right now. I did spend a bit of time yesterday trying to make a path into my sewing rooms, but mercy, there's tons more to do before we can get in there and play! :) I have some sea oats that a neighbor shared with me that I'm headed outside to plant right now, and then I'm off to the sewing rooms to sling more stuff from one pile onto another one! Where is Rabbit Stitchings when you need that girl???ROFL

16 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog! I am in middle TN, 100 miles from Knoxville and a 100 miles from Nashville!

Love you new hat, I am tihnking of knitting a felted one, its on my list of things to do!! (still need to find a pattern that is EASY!)

Will add you to my Blog roll and visit often!

PS. I am a Snapdragon, too!

Libby said...

After minimal success in knitting a scarf, I decided I wanted to make socks. Armed with my little bit of knowlege I started searching for a pattern that I thought I could accomplish. It quickly became clear to me there is a reason I buy my socks ... my feet would freeze if I had to warm them with my own creation *s*

Anonymous said...

So nice to meet someone else who can't knit! Everyone tends to assume that if you can sew, you can knit, and we all know that's just not necessarily so. Still, you are a lot better than I am - I can't even manage two needles, let alone three (or six or more as some of my friends do, with all those little balls of different coloured wool - ick!)...

Anonymous said...

I like the hat.

Wow, three needles... scary. I can do it, but it is more stress than I want.

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Okay girly, I am right here... I am with in spirit... let's get that stuff sorted into piles and then organized into shelves and tubs!!! Goooooo Angie!!!

I too wish I knew how to knit...I love those clogs that Judy had on her website that were felted!!! That felting is just so cool!!

Great job you did crocheting your hat!! You should have modeled it for the picture..Hey I put a picture of me up, bathing Bargun lol now that wasnt exactly a glamour shot ya know lol....

Marcie said...

Really cute hat Angie! I can't knit or crochet, so You are way ahead of me!

Anonymous said...

cool, Angie! You got a pattern source for a knit or crocheted headband/earmuff type thing by any chance? I need something when my hair is pulled back into a pony tail.

Carol said...

I love your hat. You are way ahead of me...I can't crochet or knit. I've tried both and I am just pitiful. I really enjoy seeing what all you talented gals do.

KCQuilter said...

Oh oh oh---love that darling hat! I love to crochet too---as long as it is an easy pattern. C'mon--give us the glam shot.

Dawn said...

Love the hat. I recently tried to make a hat for myself...it was just OK..but you will NOT see me post it on the blog. I don't look especially wonderful in hats in the first place.
Thanks for stopping in. Come back soon!

Anonymous said...

Try these sites:
http://knittingatknoon.com/demos.html
http://www.knittinghelp.com/

both offer free online knitting videos. For dpn knitting (double pointed needles) look at the sock videos.

HTH.

Barb said...

I'm laughing out loud because I so agree with you. I crochet. I have forever. But I want to learn to knit and bought a teach yourself book for this winter. Three needles? No way.

I've found tons of free crochet patterns on the Internet.

I'm still laughing at the way you worded all this.

Angela said...

My question is, how did you take a pic of the back of your head?? LOL
Good job on the hat. I too only crochet.

Suze said...

The beginning of the fingerless gloves is the same as the beginning of a pair of socks. http://www.knittingatknoon.com
has great instructional videos online. Please check it out. I will help any way I can.

Patti said...

Cute hat! Don't you have a local yarn shop somewhere not too far away. Most of them are very happy to teach you to knit if you buy the yarn from them. I know you can do it!

Anonymous said...

My mom is an incredible knitter and crocheter, but those genes didn't pass onto me. I've tried and tried and it just doesn't work. So...I think your hat is great! Have fun doing the fingerless gloves.