Sunday, November 26, 2006

Post-Thanksgiving

Momma Rina and Madison Madison Daddy Shannon and McKinley Randy, McKinley and Madison We had a wonderful time...in our house the norm is the pitter-patter of 8 little feet (dogs LOL). This Thanksgiving it was the pitter-patter of 2 little feet (my great-niece *huge grins*). And one little one crawling around cleaning Aunt Angie's floor for her!! LOL As one of my sisters said, a taste of what one must have if they have grandchildren to come home for the Holidays. :) We have soooo much every day to be thankful for! And in addition to all of the every-day gratitudes that I try not to take for granted, we get to have Shannon, Rina, McKinley and Madison with us for Thanksgiving Day. This is the third year---and what a special tradition this is becoming! And as far as I know, the rest of my siblings all had a good Thanksgiving too. :) So many blessings! Now it's time to turn all of the attention to Christmas!!! Wow, where did this year go? That "memory bank" is filling up faster every year! LOL I gathered up Fall wallhangings, tablerunners, and various and sundry items to store away for another year. *sigh* So how many of you, my blogger buddies, were out at 4 a.m. on Friday for "black Friday" shopping???? LOL Not this ole girl, I can tell you!! Not even if they were giving it away! Of course, I'm not much for shopping at ANY time (well, okay, unless it's at a quilt shop or quilt show with vendors LOL)!! I have paperwork to do today. So I'll get that out of the way and then start digging out my sewing rooms. LOL That's where I shoved everything and shut the doors while we did Thanksgiving. Now, I have tons to sort out in those two rooms. Have to make room to move and play in there as my quilting niece, Glorie, is coming for a play date next weekend! :-D I can't wait!! Just wanted to let everyone know that I hadn't completely faded away. :) Hope everyone had a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

kcamou said...

It looks as if you had a blessed day indeed! How wonderful for you all. The little ones, themselves, are such blessings aren't they? I'm switching gears to Christmas too... just hear those sleigh bells ring-a-ling...

Libby said...

Little cuties -- to be sure. Hope you enjoyed your time surrounded by family *s*

Anonymous said...

Cute photos!!! It appears that you have a lot to be thankful for:)

Anonymous said...

Sweet! The little ones are precious. Glad your Thanksgiving was a successful addition to your tradition.

Anonymous said...

Going out to shop on Black Friday is a baffling thing to me...is the bargain really that great? It seems to me we still got plenty of sale papers in Sunday's paper. Maybe I'm just not a bargain hunter at heart.

KCQuilter said...

What absolutely adorable photos!! Thanks for sharing.