Thursday, November 30, 2006

RED ALERT--QUILT RETREAT WEEKEND AHEAD

First, I want to thank all of you ladies for your kind comments about my hat, and also for suggestions for online knitting help. ROFL Hmmm, any of you up for a weekend at Ship's Landing? Free room and board, meals included!! All that's required is that you can teach me in a weekend how to knit these blasted fingerless gloves!!! ROFL I howled when I read Angela's question about taking the picture of the back of my head with the hat on...my darling husband did that honor! LOL We flew out, lickety-split, this a.m. and got our Christmas tree. I still have to have a cut tree. Then I had to do a shop at Wally World cause my quilty niece is coming in the morning for a quilting retreat weekend here at my house. Yeaaaaaaa!!! How fun is that??? Randy has a business trip out of town this weekend, so we will just eat, cut, sew, laugh, maybe run out to Ben Franklin and/or Wally World, MAYBE put the lights on the tree, eat, cut, sew some more...well, you all know about quilt retreat weekends!! I'm sooo excited. We're thinking about working on Christmas tablerunners. I'm also thinking about trying to figure out Libby's Tree Angel without a pattern to go by. I can't find that pattern anywhere to purchase. If any of you should run across it, would you mind giving me a yell? It's "Tree Angel" by Ginger Cookie Company. Glorie and I always have such a great time together, and the time ALWAYS races away way too fast. It's like an early Christmas present to me to have her come the first weekend in December. :D I promise I will get some pictures up here sometime soon. I want to show you our woodpile. LOL I'm soooo going to enjoy burning it!!! :) And I'll have to show you some pictures of my Christmas runners. Wish I were like Spiral Jeanne and had bed quilts to show you, but most of my bed size stuff are flimsies. Anyway, I'll try to get a couple of pictures this weekend of our "retreat" to show off too. :)

10 comments:

Sweet P said...

Have fun on your Christmas Reteat! Send pictures of your projects and of your tree when it's decorated.

joyce said...

Your retreat sounds like a lot more fun that shopping in some crowded mall. Enjoy!

Libby said...

You girls are going to have fun, fun, fun. Can't wait to see your projects *s*

Darcie said...

Oh what a weekend! I know you don't really need these instructions...but: HAVE FUN!!!

Love your crocheted hat! And I do think...when you've gotten another one crocheted and felted...that we deserve a real pic of you, Angie!!!

Suze said...

You could come to Cape Cod for a weekend or even a week and I will teach you to knit anything you want........

Isabelle said...

Your weekend sounds wonderful! Personally, I think knitting's overrated, but that's possibly because I never got past the stage when you have to sit concentrating, with the tongue out of the corner of the mouth.

Anonymous said...

Have a blast and just know...


I'm Jealous!

Su Bee said...

Retreat weekends are the bomb! I hope yours was terrific, but with all the Christmasy stuff thrown in, it just has to be! Don't forget show'n'tell, you know we're waiting.....

Finn said...

Hi Angie, hope the retreat is lots and lots of fun...*VBS* You sound very excited about christmas...LOL
I love the hat..keep up the good work! Hugs, Finn

Barb said...

Wow, Angie. Your quilting party sounds like so much fun. As does your woodpile!

I wonder if you could google that pattern. It just might be out there somewhere.