Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Summer's Ending

I have finished all of the applique that I'm going to add on this. So, what do you think? Is it a pillow or a wallhanging? Hmmmm... By the way, that Blackbird landed so hard on the acorn that he knocked it catty-wampus. *g* Now I wish I had been working on something with a turkey on it instead of a Blackbird, and had made a "November" wallhanging or pillow. LOL I'm always lagging behind. I used to be the same way about buying clothes (all those long years ago when I did such a thing!!! ROFL). I wasn't ready to buy summer things until it was hot, like maybe July or August?? And by the time I got around to that, why the Winter clothes were already out!!!! Well, I'm the same way with quilting. I only want to do "it" in "it's" immediate season...duh...makes it kind of hard to stay current with as slow as I am with this stuff. ROFL Randy left this morning for a show in St. Louis, MO. We were really worried that his connecting flight might get canceled due to weather since he was going through Cincinnati, but he made it safe and sound. I'm always relieved when I know he's on the ground safely at his destination. I wiled away the day in front of the fire finishing up this applique. Dewey, Badger and Homer Kitty were gathered all around me asleep on the couch. Of course, I had to catch up on my blog reading too. :) It has rained all day and the wind has really been howling. I love days like this when I can be all snug in my house, and everyone that I love is safe in their own spots. :) Some days (well, okay, a LOT of days LOL) I'm a day late and a dollar short. I just realized yesterday that Thanksgiving is NEXT week, not WEEK AFTER NEXT. Guess I better use some of this time that Randy is gone to try to get my house tidied up and in some sort of order as we will have some family in for a couple of days for Thanksgiving. How can it be the middle of November already? I feel like I've lost a large part of this year just because it went by so very fast!!! And next Friday is the frenzied (not on my part, I assure you!! LOL) kick off of the Christmas/shopping season. Time is moving as fast as those little hummingbirds' wings that I love to watch all summer. :)

27 comments:

meggie said...

Hi Angie,
yes this year just seems to have roared past!! where did it go??
I love your applique. Sounds so cosy to be all tucked up warm & listening to the wind.
I left my travel details on the comments on my blog.
I will be gone 2 weeks from Saturday, return on December 2nd. No time left to panic about Xmas, it will just have to happen!

Anonymous said...

That d*** black bird, why did he have to land to hard? I think a pillow. Like you I feel safe when the family is all at home under one roof, or under thier own roof. When my son is away at college I have such an uneasy feeling. I have learned not to worry, well not really.

I made another basket today and I did take photos at each step. Tomorrow I will be writing the instructions.

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Angie ... whew you are not the only one Thanksgiving snuck on this year!

I think your black bird would like a soft landing on a pillow!
Would be great in a rocker on your porch???

Anonymous said...

I think a pillow cover - it's very pretty and if you make it into a cover you can remove then you'll be all ready for next year.

May Britt said...

You can pretend it is a turkey in disguise LOL I think it will be nice as a pillow. I love the naiv look on the applique.

Susan said...

That whole piece says November to me, so you can still make your wallhanging for Thanksgiving!

A day in front of the fireplace stitching sounds heavenly to me.

KCQuilter said...

The applique piece is adorable. I think either place--quilt or pillow--it will be wonderful!

juryizout said...

I vote wall hanging. It's a great piece. Do you do needle turn or machine? All I've ever done (other than a few patches for a class) is fusible.

Hey, thanks for stopping by the blog! I'm still not sure how you found me...I didn't see a link on her page. But no matter. What part of Tennessee are you from? I just moved here from Chattanooga back in '04.

Darcie said...

Whatever you choose this piece to be Angie, it's darling. That's the only way to have a blackbird...on a quilt! Otherwise...they're just plain bothersome!

Love the sounds of your day...sitting next to a fire with your work and your furry friends.

Patti said...

I vote for pillow, with a wonderful double ruffle around the outside. You did such a great job with this - our tastes are so similar. I'm right with you on the season thing - always working in the "now". Eventually, however, I have it done - just in time to put it away for the right season the following year!

Libby said...

I'm in the wallhanging column. No matter what you choose, it will be darling.

Anonymous said...

Go for a wallhanging!

I hear you, regarding the buying of clothes and the planning of seasonal projects! I'm the same way! Guess when I go looking in the stores for mittens? Right! January, when they're already selling "resort" (aka. summer) clothing!

I was also pretty shocked to find out that Thanksgiving was next week. Cleaning flurry here too!

Morah said...

I really like your wallhanging/pillow applique. I can't wait to see it finished. I'm also never finished with a project during the correct season. I just can't think of making heart wallhangings in Nov. and turkeys in June!

Amy said...

Hi Angie - thanks for stopping by my blog today :) I really like this project! I've been wanting to try some applique for a quilt but I have way too many other projects to finish first. I guess that's just how it goes before Christmas though!

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Angie - three words come to mind, cute, cute, cute! It's very "November".

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Entirely up to you, it looks great-or why not just whip up another one and have both!

Finn said...

Hi Angie, the way you spent the day sounds just perfect to me!!! But, yes, thanksgiving IS next week...LOL

I'm also afflicted by wanting to make things during the season we're in..doesn't make much sense, does it? But I guess that way we'll have something for next year??
That's the plan at least! Thinking of you, take care til DH gets back, Hugs, Finn

Nines said...

You're way welcome! I love blackbirds! And your...wallhanging...(that's my vote) looks great- love the primitive stuff even though I tend to go mod. That candlemat is great- I may need to make me one, or two, or... OK, 8! I do things BIG! Thanks for sharing all your projects! I'm completely unprepared for Thanksgiving, too!

Anonymous said...

Novemeber did come awful fast this year!! I still haven't sewn my daughter's winter coat!

Dana said...

I love your applique block. Thank you for the well wishes. We are doing just fine and progressing slowly.

Nancy said...

It's wonderful, even if it's not a turkey! Nancy in MT

Anonymous said...

Thanks for continued visits and words of encouragement!! So what did you decide to do with your black bird block? I so like the folk art look to it! pillow or wallhanging? Both would be great...looking forward to see/hearing which way you went.

Isabelle said...

It's a lovely thing, whatever you turn it into. Thanksgiving... a strange concept to us Brits. I find it hard enough to be organised for Christmas without having an extra festival so close before it. Still, any excuse for a get-together. Hope it's fun.

Suze said...

Good job on the applique. You will enjoy whatever it becomes............

Yes, Thanksgiving did sneak up on us this year.................

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie - I think it will make a lovely wall hanging. I love applique but never get to do it! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.
PS> Thanks for visiting my blog!

Uhu work said...

Now 1st time ever in Internet World, Facebook Earning program has been Launch, Now you Car earn money online with Just use Facebook and earn unlimited. Post a Picture on Facebook and Get $0.07 per Post.
www.OnlineCornerz.Com

Uhu work said...

Top 7 Expensive Cars Info and Wallpapers
TopAmazingCars.BlogSpot.Com