Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sunday, Sunday

It has been one of those laid back, just slow and easy weekends, around here. Just perfect. The weather has been really chilly, rainy yesterday, and just dreary and perfect for a fire in the stove today. Sug (my sister) and I had a playdate with a friend in the nearby tiny town, and actually got a bit of Christmas spirit. We had a great time, but then again, we generally do when we're together. LOL I even ran into town and picked up pizza for our dinner tonight. That's something we rarely do since it takes about 40 minutes round-trip, but I really had a hankering for Pizza Hut's thin and crispy veggie pizza, so I told Randy "I'll fly if you buy". LOL Blogger doesn't want me to put pictures up today. I'm still appliquing on my Jan Patek wallhanging, and I'm still working on Judy's October leaves. I'm even still (in my head LOL) doing Halloween. There's a pattern on my perpetual calendar that I keep on my cutting table of a black background with "Boo" pieced that I keep thinking I just have to make---I haven't even flipped that calendar over to November yet!! ROFL If I don't hurry up, it's going to be ready to flip the December calendar over, so I've either got to cut and sew that block up lickety-split or forget it for another year. What do you think?? And another question for you quilty bloggers...how in the world do you guys get so much stuff sewn, house cleaned, food bought and cooked, work a day job, have kids screaming when you walk in the door, post on your own blog and read all the bunches of others' blogs that you want to keep up with, and STILL you make quilty things right and left----oh yeah, and you actually FINISH them???? LOL I really would like some answers to this last question, please. :) For those of you who asked about my snowman, he's cut from a scrap of "warm and white" batting. I'm going to give him a carrot nose, some eyes, and buttons--eventually. LOL Right now, I'm going in by the fire now, and do a bit more applique. I do believe my husband is watching another one of those movies that he's "never seen before" which means he watches it EVERY time it comes on TV. LOL I'm hoping to get back to posting more frequently as it appears that my computer server problems may have been resolved (fingers and toes crossed). Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

12 comments:

Melzie said...

LOL I've actually finished very little I dont know how some of these girls do it either! And I sewed all afternoon between church (fixing to leave for night church) but my house is a MESS :) I'll wait til all and sundry goes to work/school tomorrow and clean again. Your kitty is adorable. I'd love your sourdough starter recipe! My mom use to make that :) xoxo melzie ps thanks for visiting my blog ;)

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Angie, I would like the answer to your questions as well... I just cannot figure out why I cannot get more done than I do!! I know I am never not busy, so its not that! I am always doing something!But yet I see what some of these gals get done and work a full time job and like you said have kids too..... I will be watching for the answers with you!!!

I love thin and crisp veggy pizza ... yummmmmy....

Anonymous said...

Okay, then. Answers: no kids or pets at home ergo the house stays a little bit cleaner than it did when both were around. CarGuy is retired and spends his days in the garage. I'm working on my second retirement and only work outside the home 6 hr a day which gives me time to do "my things". I actually do a lot of prep work. Like now, I'm cutting quilt kits for myself so that I can just sit down and sew. My crockpot is my best friend, LOL! And I've got a fantastic LA quilter. Does that help?

Anonymous said...

LOL I just got my spring cleaning started....and I am only on day four of my hour a day quilt....so yes I work fulltime but it seems nothing gets done....LOL Toni

I like your snowman...

Molly said...

I'm one of those quilters whose list of "in progress"[doesn't that sound better than "unfinished"?] projects is a lot longer than the list of completed ones, so don't worry--you have more company than you realise...got here by way of Meggie.

soccertxi said...

OH...I LOVE it...my son calls those kind of movies "OH NO NOT the CLASSICS!" Like we didnt' have to live thru watching the Brave Little Toaster a gazillion times when he was a toddler! to answer your last question...I dont' finish MUCH...I just add to the UFO list! It gets SO hungry..hehehehehe

Screen Door said...

sounds like a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Other people clean? Who has time for that when there is quilting to do?

KCQuilter said...

Okay, here is the secret. (Drum roll, please...) RETIREMENT

meggie said...

Yes cleaning??? I become selectively blind about cleaning!
If it is good enough for men to be selectively deaf, I reckon it is ok for women to be selectively blind, -right?
But my pile to 'To Do's' is quite large!

I laughed at the "I've never seen this movie before". I get that here quite often, so I just go off to sew or sit at the computer! haha.

Patti said...

The answer is easy - the kids have their own houses and spouses, we eat out 2-3 times a week, I finally treated myself to a housekeeper every other week - worth every penny - and I dont' watch TV unless I'm handstitching on something. I read blogs on my lunch time at work. I get up almost an hour early to read blogs and post.

Your time will come. I didn't do hardly anything for myself when I was at the life stage you are at now. It's really hard - I remember.

sa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛