Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning





We had a lovely Christmas Eve with my sister, BIL, and nephew. Sug cooked the turkey, ham, green beans, baked mixed potatoes, Skoby's corn (yummm), pumpkin pie......what did I leave out, Sug? and brought it all to my house. How's that for being taken care of? LOL Even had some neighbors stop by for a short visit.

Christmas morning is always a hoot with the wienie dogs...if you don't have kids in your house for Christmas morning, then you should have a dog...mine LOVE their stockings. They were moving around so fast that the picture is a bit blurred. LOL Badger (blue collar) is always so excited over his new Santa toy, and Dewey (red collar) always goes for the treats first. Then Badger will walk around for days with his new toy in his mouth. He looks soooo funny when you glance up and see this short-legged little dog walking around with a toy hanging out of his mouth. ROFL

Then we headed out to Randy's niece's house for Christmas with his family. Pit stop at my sister's to pick up a last-minute Home Depot pickup for us LOL, and back home by dark o-clock. And I was whipped.

Today has been veeerrry quiet. I have a lot of cleaning up to do, but that will keep until tomorrow, and will be done in stages. :) Hope everyone had a wonderful day full of all of the good things in life. ;D

10 comments:

Sweet P said...

You did have a wonderful Christmas. The dogs are cute. They did have lots of fun, didn't they?

Angela said...

Merry Christmas. Sounds like a happy time was had by all.

Libby said...

Sounds like a great day -- watching the pups with stockings is great entertainment.

Finn said...

Hi Angie, I hope by now you are gradually regaining some strength to start the new year..*VBS* Being way too tired is a feeling I know all to well.
As always, the boys are adorable. Interesting that you named one Badger, since that was their original role in history, but I'm sure you knew that.
We had a red dachy back in the mid 1960's, our sweet Maggie. What a love she was, and what great fun to watch her trip of the throw rugs, collaspe on her belly and sleep right there where she landed...LOL Of course her "landing" was only about a half inch off the rug...LOL
We adopted a sister for her, a Britney spaniel, named Missy. So we just left the name the same. She was between 2 and 3 and terribly gun shy. That's why they gave her away, no good as a bird hunting dog. When our sweet baby came home in late 1967, things didn't go well with Maggie. She not only wouldn't tolerate the baby, she would snap at her if she crawled too near. And in the summer of 1968, after the sudden death of my Mom, we took Maggie back to WI where she had been born and raised, and gave her to my Dad, who adored her. She lived a long, long time, had one litter of puppies for him and he one puppy. So the mother and daughter lived out their life with him and were great comfort to him. As much as I didn't want her gone, I knew it was for the best. I still carry Maggie's sweet puppy pic in my billfold. In the pic she is help by my mom, who picked her out for us. WE then had her air freighted to Michigan. She was from the Paint Creek Kennels. I think the owners are both dead now, so many years later.
So many pieces in my scrapbag, *VBS*, thanks for reminding me of this one...*VBS* Hugs, Finn

Beemoosie said...

Merry Christmas to you Angie! I love your dogs! How Fun! Even though Jasmine opened her present early, she seemed to get very excited when we opened ours!

Laurie Ann said...

Love the puppy pictures! Glad they enjoyed their presents.

Barb said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas.

What do you mean, if you don't have kids you should have dogs. They're the same. Aren't they? Chelsea's definitely one of my kids! :-)

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Yep, I agree the furry kids are as much fun to watch open their gifts as the non furry ones! What a hoot they are and they so know its Christmas and presents for them! They get all excited and rip them open! As a matter a fact Dakota gets so excied he will go help himeself to another gift whether its his or not ROFL its to cute! He just really gets into opening the gifts with everyone! Barguns first Christmas, you didn't have to tell him twice to open his gift either! LOL

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Badger and Dewey are so adorable, love their pictures w/ stockings. We had a black and tan short coat years ago and she was such a sweet dog. Our little Hannes is two years old and is just as smart as he is cute; and I'm not one bit prejudiced. ha!

Dawn said...

Actually this is the first year we have had a dog for xmas and man was she fun! I forgot how much fun xmas morning can be now that my kids are "all grown up" (or so they think)!