Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas Memories

Stockings were hung by the chimney with care...and Badger Baby wasn't budging from there!! LOL We thought he was "down in his back" again because for several days he's laid right in front of the stove...or so we thought. We finally deduced last night that he was actually lying in wait for that stocking of his. ROFL So today the stockings had to go to another room until it's time for Santa to come and fill them up.


These two little doll ornaments are my earliest memories of our Christmas tree when I was little. I can remember looking and looking at our tree until I could find these two ornaments. So, after my Mom died, and my other sisters went through her things, they gave these to me. They are priceless to me.
This angel was a rather expensive piece that I treated myself to one year. She just has the sweetest face, and has a place of honor near the top of my tree.

I got my car back today. Had to have wheel bearings put in. So, on the way home I ran by Wally World and did my Santa shopping, and got in the groceries. And the rest of that story is -- if it's not here now, we're doing without---LOL

I'm going to spend tomorrow doing some baking, and I'm going to work on a few hand-made ornaments that some blogger friends have shared patterns for. I do hope it will be a grey day, since it's supposed to be 60 here, which definitely does not feel like Christmas to me!! At least if it's cloudy and/or raining I can pretend the snow is on the way! :p I know, I know, Sug, you love it warm---but that's why you're usually further South this time of year! LOL Me, I wouldn't mind a bit of what Colorado has--oh, not quite as extreme as it is out there right now, but a bit of it would be just perfect!

Now, I'm heading over to Finn's for a cup of Christmas tea with her. Finn, put that tea cozy on the pot cause it will take me a few minutes to get there, but I'm on my way!

8 comments:

Dorothy said...

Thanks for stopping by. I looked at your blog and you are very busy. I have you marked in my favorites. Have a great Holiday Season.

Rachel said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your stockings and your dog! Cute!!

How wonderful that you have some ornaments that was your Mom's. What a treasure! Love the angel too. She is beautiful!!

Barb said...

He's too funny, just lying there in wait. What a great photo, though.

Your Christmas tree is gorgeous and I know exactly what you mean about your doll ornaments. I have one old, beat up ugly ornament on my tree that means more to me than all the others put together because it hung on our tree when I was a small child.

Merry Christmas to you and to your family. And believe me, you do NOT want the snow Colorado go - we're in western Colorado so it wasn't too bad buy my family on the eastern slope, near Denver, is buried. DIA is still closed!

meggie said...

I just love the story about little Badger- how sweet!

I gave our dogs a new toy yesterday, & they are fighting over it! I have never seen Honey really go for something quite so much! I suppose she feels it should be hers, as Leo has eaten or destroyed all her old toys!

I love the story about the ornaments too- I have old ones my kids made when they were small! Love that little Angel.
Keep well & warm!

Nadine said...

Oh, Angie, what a lovely post ! Thanks for that ! By the way, we'll surely meet for a cup of Christmas tea : I'm on my way To Finn's, too !

Smiles,
NADINE.

Dawn said...

Merry Christmas Angie!

Suze said...

Somebody needs to be there to greet Santa.......... Or is he guarding them.

Libby said...

The pets just know something special is about to happen *s* A very Merry Christmas to you and yours.