Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas Pictures




Christmas Pictures: Handmade gift from neighbors, Sug on Christmas Eve, pottery from Santa

I've spent the last two days trying to catch up on laundry and getting some of the dust up from the floors. I MUST get the small guest bedroom (Christmas box repository LOL) cleaned out. We may have our daughter and her boyfriend overnight on our anniversary, which is the 30th. I'm not EVEN going to attempt to dig out my sewing "stewdio" (and it's a real stew right now!!) until after New Year's Eve. Maybe I will start that room ON New Year's Eve so I will have a semi-clean slate in there to start working on a Christmas quilt for moi (Tree Angel). I'm really really itching to sew. Linda J had linked to some redwork snowmen patterns that I printed off last night and thought I might work on...I think I could actually get to my muslin *G*. They would be a great handwork project for night time, and I may have to copy her (hey Linda, I hope you don't mind) and use blue floss for them. :)

It's an absolutely gorgeous day here today. You would never guess that it's December 28th. I think the high is going to be somewhere around 60. Now that Christmas Day is another memory for the scrapbook, I would just as soon the weather stay like this now. I took the "boys" out for a short romp yesterday afternoon since it was also a really pretty day, and I have plans to go for a short walk with them again this afternoon. All three of us are moving a bit gingerly today LOL. Guess that's a good indication that we need to get off our butts and start moving again. :D

We will probably have a nice quiet New Year's Eve. Randy usually rings it in by snoring to the tune of Auld Lang Syne (glad he doesn't read this LOL), and I usually am propped up in bed reading waiting for the ball to drop. We both did more than our share of partying in days past, and I'm so thankful that we are both most content right here to usher in the new year. *S*

I have one more load of laundry, and I am going to bake some of the sugar cookies that are mixed up but never made it to the oven. Catch ya'll later. :D

14 comments:

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Hey Angie - I printed out the snowmen also. Oh, I hope Linda doesn't mind yet another copycat - I'd like to do them in blue also. LOL

Love the Christmas pottery - very, very nice!

Dana said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I have one of those glass block presents. I'm in the clean out mode also. Cookies were made yesterday, yum.

Suze said...

I really like the small lamps on your kitchen counter. It looks so inviting..........

What a sparkling gift under the tree.

How about sharing the link to Linda so others of us can look at the snowmen.

Fiona said...

I like your Christmas ceramics - and doesn't it go perfectly with the runner!

Pilar said...

Me gusta mucho como has decorado tu casa para Navidad. Son unas fiestas entrañables.
Feliz Año Nuevo.

Libby said...

I like to snooze in the new year, too. That way I can wake up early to watch the Rose Parade.

Rabbit Stitchings said...

The Pottery is very pretty!
Yep my dh and I are right with you guys...stay at home kinda New Year people *VBG*

Sweet P said...

The Christmas pottery is cool. I cleaned out my studio yesterday and even managed to finish one top. You can do it too!

jpquilter said...

I love to get my sewing room cleaned out before New Year's Day so I can spend some time on January 1 working on projects - seems like a good way to set the stage for the new year
juliann

Norma said...

You are welcome to join LindaJ and I on the snowman blocks! I am making mine with blue floss as well. LindaJ is way ahead of me on this project--I just bought some white Kona cotton yesterday so that I can start. This is my first red work / blue work project so getting started has taken a bit of time.

Dawn said...

Oh look at that awesome xmas pottery! That is soo cool!

Beemoosie said...

That pottery is absolutely YUMMY!
Happy New year to you and yours!

teodo said...

Happy new year from Italy ciao

Becka said...

Oh! THat pottery has me green with envy!