Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year Wishes




We are all snuggled in, I've cooked a big pot of soup beans with ham, made potatoe salad, and had a huge country salt-cured ham cooking most of this day. Randy declares the ham most excellent...now mind you, there are 2 HUMANS in this house for New Year's Eve, in addition to the 4-legged "kids". Yes, my husband has just this moment tried the ham. ;0 As long as he's happy with it, then I'm happy with it, cause it's mainly a gift from me to him. ;p The soup beans and potatoe salad are for me. He doesn't really like either one of those, and since my sister that lives closest to me is in the DC area for New Year's Eve and not likely to show up on my doorstep any time soon, they are all mine! LOL I don't fix either of them very often cause it's hard to make a 'small' pot of soup beans. ;0

Above you will notice the fruits of my labor yesterday. See, I told you there had to be a cutting mat buried under all of that mess! And, Barb, it truly was as big a disaster area as I portrayed it in my post yesterday. LOL Just take my word for it, girlfriend!! :D Today, I completely cleared the big board and the area around my sewing machine, so I'm truly making progress, be it somewhat slowly. See, most days my energy level is fairly good until about 3 p.m., and then I feel like someone just whopped me up side the head and I want to drop and not move again until time to go from the couch to the bed. :)

I think Randy must have snapped the next picture of me, Dewey and Badger out for a short walk the other day. And the next picture is Randy and Dewey (ah hem, headed to the bed for an afternoon rest period---the man thinks we live where they have siestas every afternoon ROFL).

I've been trying to think of some profound and lofty 'speech' for the ending of 2006, but you know what, what pops in my head is just how fortunate and blessed we have been in way too many ways to set them out here. Suffice it to say that I'm so very grateful for my family, starting with my best buddy, Randy, and all of my brothers and sisters (you know, it's just awesome that all 9 of us siblings are still 'here' and relatively healthy!). I'm soooo glad that I had another year to share my love (and frustrations! LOL) of quilting with Glorie, and that I've been blessed with some really special relationships with other nieces and nephews. And OMG, there's my friendship with my friend, Evonne, who has added soooo much to my life this year (and who also is a quilt nut :p). And then there are all of you, my new-found blogging quilty friends that I've made in such a short time, and who have so enriched my daily life.

So here's to 2007 and all of the beauty, mystery, love, joy, peace, sorrow, and (hopefully) many hours of quilting, that it will hold!! From Ship's Landing to each of you, our family and friends, may 2007 be a wonderful and Happy New Year for all of us!

9 comments:

Screen Door said...

Happy New Year.... I hope 2007 s the best for you...

Pilar said...

Feliz Año Nuevo.
Por lo que cuentas esa comida va a ser estupenda.

Sweet P said...

Happy New Year to you too! Great job on cleaning off your table. Doesn't it feel good to have a clean surface to work on?

Barb said...

Well, I'm glad the photo of your sewing room didn't scare me, Angie. LOL It looks great!

Happy New Year!

May Britt said...

A happy new year to you too. Let 2007 be a creative year filled with joy, friendship and fun. I look forward to visit your blog in 2007. A big hug from me.

Kathie said...

Big pot of bean soup here too. After all the excesses of the holidays, some nice peasant food is just the thing.

Tazzie said...

Happy New Year Angie! Reading about your cooking is making my tummy rumble ... must be breakfast time! You did a great job tidying away on your cutting table ... reward yourself with some stitching hon!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Patti said...

Oh my goodness - everyone should start the new year with such a beautiful clean sewing area. You have really done youself proud with your clean up. I've no idea what it looked like before - I'll have to see if you ever posted a picture - but it sure looks great now.

Your dinner sounds absolutely scrumptions. I love bean soup too - and DH tolerates it occasionally to humor me.

1chartfp@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

J.J. Watt Women's Jersey axiotakix
Arian Foster Kids Jersey axiotakix
Larry Fitzgerald Game Jersey axiotakix
http://www.authenticnikeredskinsjersey.com