Saturday, December 30, 2006

Wedding Anniversary




Badger's having a snooze snuggled up to Mom while she watches a Christmas show

The little pillow with star and snowman are made from wool and was a gift
The teddy bear quilt was given to me one Christmas (1996 maybe) by Randy

Homer Kitty surveying his kingdom

Today's our 13th anniversary. The best 13 years of my life. I had to look high and low to find my best buddy, but search I did, I 'perservered', and as they say "to the victor go the spoils". LOL

I've been in my 'stewdio' almost all afternoon with a backhoe shoveling off the cutting table. I'm happy to report that job has been accomplished (picture to follow of CLEAN table later LOL). I've decided it's such a job that I shall break it down into segments. Next up is my big board ironing board which catches the overflow from the cutting table, and you have to shove stuff aside on it to actually use it for ironing. *laughing* THEN I will remove all and sundry from around my sewing machine so I could actually sit down and sew with ease--in other words, without trying to catch something that I'm knocking off the table from beside, back of, wherever, as the fabric feeds under the pressure foot. ROFL It's actually gotten as bad as this is portrayed, so here I am being brutally honest, folks!! :) I've 'kitted up' (to borrow a fellow blogger's idea) my WIPs which include Autumn leaves, country scrappy pattern I've been playing with for several months from one of the zillion quilt magazines that now litter the floor like confetti, snowmen, angels, a Little Quilts project from back in the Summer...I'm sure there are more but I don't want all of you thinking that I NEVER start and finish a complete project. ROFL

I'm going to finish up a bit of handwork while I watch the VA Tech bowl game that has just started. ;p I'll be back tomorrow with New Year's Eve wishes.

12 comments:

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary to you! Way to go!!!!!

I can't wait to see the pictures of your clean sewing room but I really want to see a picture of the backhoe you used. I need one! LOL

Becka said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!

I love seeing pictures of sewing rooms, I can;t wait to see yours.

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

You go girly on the clean up!! You will feel so good when you get it all done!!

KCQuilter said...

Happy, happy anniversary! And way to go on the "digging out""---been there, done that!

Nadine said...

Happy anniversary, Angie ! And many more happy years !

Biiig hugs,
NADINE

Simonetta said...

Ohhh,Angie!!!Happy anniversary, and happy 2007 :))))Hugs!

Su Bee said...

You crack me up! A backhoe, no less! (Really, a front loader works better!!) Doncha feel virtous now? Happy New Year!

jenclair said...

Happy Anniversary! The good ones are worth waiting for!

Barb said...

Well, Happy Anniversary, Angie, and Happy New Year, too.

You make your sewing room sound like a disaster but somehow I doubt that. Can't wait to see the photos.

Many blessings to you in the new year.

Morah said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy New Year. May you have many, many more of both

Patti said...

A very happy anniversaryt o you both. How wonderful to be married to your best friend.

1chartfp@comcast.net

Libby said...

I know -- I'm laggin', but I wanted to wish you both a happy anniversary. Belated, but well meant *s*