Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Wishing I Hadn't Switched :(


I'm seriously wishing I hadn't switched to Beta blogger. Every time I try to sign in I have to go and recover my password which means changing the password -- every time. :( At least, this is what has been happening with me each day. So, I'm not very happy right now with how Beta works.

Yesterday I thought I might have been finished with Christmas for this year...as in NO Christmas tree lights!!! Panic attack!! The tree lights are my favorite thing at this time of year. What would it be like to have a tree all trimmed but no lights burning on it! :0 Started unplugging and replugging and got them back on. I have no idea what they all went out in the first place!! I can tell you it gave me a new appreciation for my tree lights!!! LOL

I have to get a batch of fudge made today so I can give it to my brother for his Christmas gift. :) If he's willing to bring my mantel and put it up for me the least I can do is make him some old-fashioned fudge, right? :) And I whipped up a little gift for my SIL yesterday which I'll share a picture of some time next week. So in spite of this danged fatigue that just won't quit I'm still getting a bit of Christmas "made". :) I've taken a picture of my tree which I'll post later.

14 comments:

Screen Door said...

Hang in there....look over your settings, double check the options. It sounds like your problems are beyond the normal ones.

Libby said...

I hope it all smooths out soon for you. Nothing like having the computer frustrate you.

DubiQuilts said...

Sorry to hear you are having problems with blogger. Everyone has to make the switch so you had no choice. Give it a few days and if it is not working any better give me a call or IM and we can go over your setting. I found some of my setting had to be redone with beta. Blogger is still making changes to their new system.

DubiQuilts said...

I forgot to say in my post: I love your santa wall quilt!

Anonymous said...

Scary Blogger Beta!!! I have been putting it off as I've others complain about all the problems it has caused. Hope yours get ironed out soon. KC Quilter

Beth said...

Yeah, they are saying we must all conform to the new beta. ...like it or not.

Barb said...

It's just panic time when you plug the tree lights in and nothing happens. It's usually just one little light somewhere that has come loose, but for pete's sake, I have one thousand lights on my tree. Really. One thousand. If that happened to me, we'd just have an unlit tree.

And yes, your brother will think you hung the moon if you make him that fudge.

meggie said...

I have now made the change to Beta -fingers crossed, but it seems to be working ok for me... so far.
I love your little snowman!

Sue said...

Glad you got the lights on! We ALWAYS have light problems, we keep buying strings of those cool running white lights, and then after the first year something always happens, like every 3rd light is out. Arghhhh! Guess Christmas is meant to be a challenge.....

Shelina said...

I haven't had that problem with beta, thank goodness, but I just made the switch yesterday. Glad your lights worked. Fudge sounds awesome. I'm going to have to make some now.

Scrapmaker said...

Very cute wallhanging! I just switched to Beta, had tons of problems on Wednesday after the switch, but everything seems to be better now. I had the same inability to comment for a while too. Hope it all works out soon. Jen

Pam said...

I find the new beta blogger a bit of a pain in the neck with all the signing in all the time. And it has a box to tick - "remember me" but it never does. I hope that is fixed soon. Quite often I am not signed in so I can't leave comments and then it is more time to - sign in and then go back to leave the comments that I don't do it.

Anyway -- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Pea said...

Hi Angie:-) I haven't switched to Beta Blogger yet, I'm hoping by the time I'm forced to do so, they will have ironed out all the problems with it. I'm hearing so many horror stories about it at the moment! Yikes! It's really mixed up right now with the transition and that's why so many are having problems leaving comments. I've had that happen to me so many times that some of my tree lights will suddenly stop working....then it's panic city until I get them working again! lol Hmmmm, I'm comin' right over for some of that fudge!! I'm a fudge addict! hehe Have a wonderful weekend! http://peascorner.blogspot.com

Judy said...

Well Angie, thanks first for stopping by my blog. Hope the password sign in has gotten better for you. I finally did switch as I was locked out, but it thankfully went smoothly...so far!