Saturday, December 09, 2006

Working on Christmas

Glorie sewing on her tablerunner I just read on someone's blog that they think of a million things to post about, and then when you sit down in front of the computer to compose, those thoughts have flown the coop (at least for me anyway) LOL and you wonder what to say. :) I have made six loaves of banana bread this morning, put boneless pork ribs in the crockpot for barbeque for dinner tonight, and hung 4 ornaments on the tree. LOL Wouldn't you say that I'm off to a roaring start today. :D Of course, yesterday I accomplished NOTHING, zilch, nada, and went to bed last night really mad at myself for wasting the day. All I can say is that I have those days now, and according to the dr., it's due to the thyroid and beta blocker for the heart. I saw the endocrinologist this week; the mass has not shrunk any, the thyroid blood levels are still high, and he increased the beta blocker. I go back the second week of January, and if things are still the same then, he says we will have to decide what the next course will be. Since my heart is still stuttering and stammering even with the medication, I'm thinking surgery is still out of the question for a while longer. So, we shall see. Now a bit about last weekend's quilt retreat with Glorie. :D First of all, I whipped up these little curtains from a border print that Glorie brought with her. :) Aren't they cute?? Well, "whipped up" would be an exaggeration cause I can NEVER whip anything up---that implies that you know what you're doing and that you don't have to figure out how to fix it when you cut it too short ROFL. You see, I've never made even the most basic, simple little curtains before. Rabbit Stitchings I'm not!!! I do wish I could convince that girl to come up here and make curtains for my house. LOL Glorie got most of a tablerunner done while she was here, and she made the snowman door hanger. She decided not to stuff her's, just leave it flat, and I really like hers better than the one that I did and stuffed. I'm hoping to get another couple of those made for little gifts for Christmas, and I think I'll leave the stuffing out of them. I got started cutting blue strips for Libby's Tree Angel. It doesn't sound like we accomplished a lot last weekend, but you have to understand that we have to spend the first day on show and tell, and catch up on all of the family doings. Then on Saturday, we started figuring out what we wanted to work on, then snuggled in by the fire with projects and Christmas movies to watch. Of course, we had to do quite a bit of eating in there too, LOL, and of course we had to take time out to cry with the movies. ROFL This is probably the first time ever that we've gotten together and DID NOT GO OUT!! We usually take one of those precious days to go check out fabric at Ben Franklin, etc., but we stayed in ALL WEEKEND! We both had a wonderful time, and Glorie went home feeling rested. It was a perfect weekend, and a wonderful Christmas gift to myself. :D Now, I'm going to go put a few more ornaments on the tree. If I don't hurry up with the decorating, it will be time to take it down!!! :0 And I would really, really like to get into my sewing room sometime today. I haven't been in there since Glorie left last weekend. I'm running out of time if I want to make anything to give as gifts. :) Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with your thyroid? Mine's almost dead...Hasimoto's disease, so I take meds, but the doseage is always changing. The antibodies were so high at one point, my endo thought it was cancer, but thank the Lord, no.

Sounds like you had a blast while you were away...good for you!

Anonymous said...

Gosh Angie, I hope your doctor can get your medication sorted, how worrying for you. You sure have had a great day so far, and don't worry too much about yesterday.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the medications!

Sounds as if you and Glorie had another good weekend. I really like the door hanger.

Libby said...

Looks like you gals had a fun time. That gingerbread runner is just too darned cute.

meggie said...

Glad you had such a lovely relaxing weekend!
I, too am on meds. & when I read all the side effects, I wonder why I am not a total walking Zombie!!
No wonder I have days when I just cant achieve anything! haha.
Love that little snowman.

Sandra said...

You accomplished a lot on your weekend - I love the gingerbread tablerunner! Thanks for dropping by my blog too - I've bookmarked yours so I can pop by from time to time. There really IS a Wally World???