Saturday, January 27, 2007

It's Been a While

Since I last posted. I've been under the weather with the cold-type crud, and just have not felt like doing anything more than I absolutely had to this week. I did take Dewey (our oldest wienie dog) to get his teeth cleaned on Monday, and found out that I can no longer get his phenibarbitol at the vet (he has seizures). No, now they have to call it in to a pharmacy. Great! Just great! Another trip that will have to be made once a month. And another buck for Wal-Mart since that's the closest store to me. I HATE that store! So, on Tuesday, I made a Wal-Mart run for groceries, meds and sundries. :) The rest of the week I have literally spent mostly on the couch in front of the woodstove. I DO love this woodstove!! :) I haven't done any sewing. I have been reading, tho. My reading has gotten pushed to bedtime -- it used to be that I didn't sit down that I didn't pick up a book and read. Then I got caught up in quilt books and magazines, and my novels got relegated to "right before sleep". So, I've been snuggled up reading. And you know what? It's going to be really cold and windy here for the next few days, so that's probably what I'll spend my time doing then too, along with a bit of applique that I've started. Oh, and I do want to get my setting squares on my angels. And I'm still playing with the bluework snowmen. I'll get around to posting some pictures eventually. I have made almost daily rounds reading blogs, keeping up all of you high achievers LOL. I just haven't even felt like posting comments, but I'm hoping for a better week ahead. :P Hope everone is having a lovely weekend.

21 comments:

paula, the quilter said...

We have a woodburning stove too. There's nothing like the heat it produces! My reading pile is way out of control! I've noticed that I can't read if there is any noise so I've relegate reading to the loo. At least it's quiet. Take care of yourself

Tazzie said...

Great to hear from you Angie, be sure to take care of yourself and get all the rest you need.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Owens Family Adventures said...

Here's me sending you some chicken soup and get well soon hugs!!!
dawn

Sweet P said...

As tough as it is to be sick, it is nice to be able to veg out for a few days and just be quiet, isn't it? I hope you are feeling better soon.

Patti said...

Oh Angie, I'm so sorry you've felt so rotten. That is just no fun at all. Certainly hoping your are well on the mend by now, especially after partaking of Dawn's chicken soup. :-)

KCQuilter said...

Oh, yuck, Angie. Hope you get over the crud soon and back to more sewing. It is nice to read in front of the fire, though.... Take care!

gerry rosser said...

Hi, saw your comment on "A Walk In My Shoes." I've been visiting bloggers who visit Darlene with support. I'm not a particular "insider" and only know her from blogging, but the community of kindness and support has impressed me, so I'm making the rounds. I am not being so officious as to "thank" people on her behalf, nothing like that. Also, it's fun to see blogs I otherwise never would have seen, and get glimpses. So, hope this isn't an intrusion.

Sorry you have a cold, I had one but my sweetie made me some "Jewish Penicillin" (and she has the bona fides to do so), and it worked.

Feel free to drop in on me any time.

Libby said...

Hope the crud clears soon. Glad you are getting the chance to catch up on reading. I go through phases where I just can't get enough to read and always have my nose in a book and then there a the dry spells. I never read at bedtime anymore -- with the need for reading glasses, I just can't get comfy . . . darn those 40+ eyes *s*

Shelina said...

Angie, so sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. We all need to take some time to take care of ourselves, and rest, and catch up on reading, etc. Hope you feel better soon.

meggie said...

Feel Better Soon!
I wondered why you werent posting. Shame about your little Dewey, hope he keeps well.
Sending 'chicken soup' for your soul Angie! xx

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Feel better, Angie. I used to have to go to a pharmacy to pick up meds. for my dog when the vet stopped doing that there; I understand what a hassle that can be, one more stop to make! Take care of yourself and stay warm.

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Angie, I'm sorry you've been feeling poorly. You'll be on the mend soon and back with your needle and thread. During my huge slump in late Fall I spent alot of time reading - like you I love to read. Just enjoy!

TJ said...

Angie, Hope your feeling better...I was missing your posts..Your angels are so cute...Have a good week..(I hate Wal Mart too)...Toni

Suze said...

Stay in, Stay warm and get better soon.

Barb said...

Your woodstove sounds wonderful, Angie. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Feel better quick!

Reading is a great thing to do while you get better... and I hear on the wood stove, only ours is the fireplace, I just love burning that thing!

However I do not love this really cold weather, I think I am ready for Spring!

Quilting Kim said...

Sorry you've been under the weather, Angie, I hope you're feeling better soon. I'm anxious to see those snowmen blocks. Take care of yourself and enjoy being snuggled up and reading a good book.

Angela said...

Feel better honey. Sometimes we gotta just veg!

Finn said...

Hi Angie, vegging on the couch with a book and a warm wood burning stove sounds just perfect to me. Why spend so much of our time worrying and hurrying about everything. Relax and enjoy. Sending big hugs, Finn

Beemoosie said...

Angie,
Prayers for speedy healing. Take it easy and keep cuddled up in front of that fire.
XO
Bee

teodo said...

Hope you get better soon..and hope you will find a great inspiration for a quilt in the books you've been reading..and to see it on your blog! ciao, ciao.