Thursday, January 18, 2007

Look What I Got



I received this cute, cute fabric 'postcard' , which is my first one, along with this panel wallhanging from Dorothy. ;P Thank you so much!! I don't know how to put links in here yet, sorry. :c Aren't they fun??? I was so excited when the package came in the mail the other day. I'm always like a kid at Christmas when I get packages in the mail. LOL

I've cut the first pieces out for my Applique Designs. Finally. LOL I should be out at the grocery store right now, but it's another one of those 'stay by the fire' days...and rather than embroidery...or applique...I've been prowling through quilt books again. If I NEVER made a quilt from any of them, I can tell you I've gotten my money's worth from them cause I've literally worn them out just looking at the them and dreaming about all of those quilts that I would love to have stacked up. LOL

I've just made a fresh pot of coffee--Mmmm-- and I'm going to sit and sew a few minutes before I get on the phone and the other computer for work. Hope all of you are staying snug and warm...and that all of you that have gotten so much ice still have your power. I've been watching the weather channel and thinking of all of you.

10 comments:

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

Your postcard is very cute. I am going to start to make some myself.

Glad to here you are doing some crafting.

Enjoy the warm fire. I am going to sit by the fire tonight and read some Quilting magazines. I to enjoy mine very much.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

The coffee sounds good! It's cold and wintry here... finally. Your goodies are so pretty, I have never received (nor made) a fabric postcard... lucky you!

May Britt said...

Lovely postcard. It is always so fun to receive a surprise from a quilting friend. I have prepared my next AD block for friday sewing. It's nice to hear you have started on your block.

meggie said...

Love that postcard. I too, have become intrigued by them, -have yet to see a real one.
They look like fun.
LOL about it being freezing there, while we fry over here!

Darcie said...

Darling postcard!

Quilting books are never a waste of time or money! Cheers to you!

teodo said...

your card is very nice. I love receiving postcards by my friends and when the cards arrive also postman look those with curiosity.ciao ciao

Libby said...

Treats in the mail are so fun -- love it, love it. Coffee sounds good. Think I'll brew a cup.

Barb said...

I've never even heard of a fabric postcard. How clever! Yes, staying inside and trying to stay warm but I'm starting to think it's going to take a long hot soak to thaw my feet out. I'm wearing TWO pair of socks and they're still frozen.

Geez. Is it really still only January? Sigh....

Quilting Kim said...

What a lovely postcard, I bet that made you feel very special. I also love the wallhanging. When it comes to receiving gifts, I don't think we ever really grow up. Heck, I still get excited and tear into packages of stuff that I ordered and I know what's in there.

Shelina said...

It's always fun to get treats in the mail. Those are adorable.
I look at all my quilting books, and feel guilty that I haven't made anything out of so many of them, but you are right, I probably have gotten my moneys worth just looking and dreaming.