Monday, January 01, 2007

Ta Da



I got the three main surfaces cleared in my 'stewdio'. :D And I've also done a bit of handwork today, but alas, I can't show them yet. In time, tho. ;p My next area to tackle are the 'organized' piles in the floor, then move to the connecting room which has my computer, and OMG, MORE PILES! ROFL But I've made a good start, and I can go cut and sew in relative comfort and peace now. :D

Randy actually stayed up with me last night, and we watched the ball drop. That may have been the 3rd time in 13 years that he's stayed up with me. :D It must have been 1:00 a.m. before I turned off my light, and the pups were up at their normal time ringing their alarm bells for me to get up and feed them -- flapping those long ears of theirs is their alarm for me. LOL

It's been a cold, grey day. The wind has just been wicked! As my momma used to say, it would cut you like a knife. :0 But it was nice to just be outside for a short while with my thoughts of the year past and the year ahead. Then I came back in and had a fresh cup of coffee in front of the fire to warm back up. One of my favorite kinds of days.

My ONLY two resolutions are to make me a Christmas quilt during January, and to NOT make any more resolutions. LOL I'm so bad at keeping them, and I certainly don't need any more weight on my mind, so there. No resolutions. :) I made phone calls, worked on clearing surfaces in the sewing room, read through blogland, went out for a short walk, and tried to take a nap. No luck with that one LOL, but I've tried to do a bit of all the things that I would like to do during the coming year. ;p

Hope everyone has had a wonderful first day of 2007!

20 comments:

Quilting Kim said...

Congratulations on cleaning up you sewing room - that always seems like such a thankless task because as soon as we start working in it again, there's the mess back. I'm also glad to see that someone else works out of "organized piles" (big grin).

Cheryl said...

Looking good!

anne bebbington said...

Oh dear I just know this is what I shall have to do as soon as I've finished digging out bits and pieces for my scrap stars quilt - the dreaded 'Tidy Up'! after all the Playroom carpet here is turning into Joseph's Technicolour Dreamcoat!

In Yorkshire where I grew up we had a title for winds like you described - 'A Lazy Wind' because it went through you instead of round you - I can feel myself tensing up my body against it as I recall it.

The Christmas Quilt resolution for January is a good one - after all if you're like me you have lots of Christmassy fabrics still out from last minute Christmas projects - might have to think about something like that myself - after all there's been lots of inspiration on people's blogs recently - look forward to seeing what you come up with over the next few weeks.

teodo said...

I'm envious of your sewing room I work in the Kitchen and hope to have a room only for all my thinks ciao and Good 2007

Tazzie said...

Great job cleaning up in there, you've been working hard! That fresh cup of coffee sounds great ... I'll be over to join you in a sec!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Darcie...Quilting By Darcie said...

What a great *project* to ring in the new year!

Speaking of piles...my Dad always says that people like us are pilots. They pile-it here...and pile-it there! ;-) You're in good company!

Happy 2007!

Melissa R. Garrett said...

Happy New Year, and thanks for stopping by! It appears a lot of us are trying to get our "studios" in order - now if only they would stay that way . . .

KCQuilter said...

Stewdio is lookin' go-o-o-d!!!

Fiona said...

Good job done on the 'stewdio', and what a good idea to make your Christmas quilt in January. It's windy here too and it feels like the sun hasn't come out for ages.

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Wow - the "stewdio" is ready for many new projects. Enjoy!

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Beemoosie said...

I love your stewdio! :) Can't wait to see what comes out of there next! And if things get piled up again, no worries, my boss says the most creative minds are the messiest!! Happy New Year!

PS. I also enjoy seeing all your furry friends!

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

GREAT JOB! You finally did it. It is so good to work in a clean "stewdio". I do miss my studio on the third floor of my old house. The dinning room is just not the same.

Have a great New Year!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love your idea of Christmas quilt in January. I have one, basted and everything... ready for quilting. Now that I have my new table I have no excuses not to get that one done and off my plate... why not now? I am stealing your idea... Heaven knows there's enough to do next December! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I love your stewdio, looks like you have have lots of cleaned off spaces to create more wonderful masterpieces!

Nadine said...

Well said, Angie ! And what a nice sewing room !
Ah, so you intend to make a Christmas quilt, too ? We'll work together then ! I promised myself that this past Christmas was the last one without a quilt to cuddle under, on my couch ....

Hugs & smiles,
NADINE.

dee said...

Hi Angie, thanks for stopping by. How nice and neat your stuff looks. I can't remember the last time it looked that organized in my space. I am enjoying your blog very much-your precious furry friends are adorable too. Happy New Year. Stay warm and well & visit again soon-I loved what Darcie said about the pilots..

Libby said...

Good for you -- all organized and no resolutions. A great way to start the year *s*

Cynthia said...

well done on cleaning your stewdio. My only New Years Resolution is to work on my UFOs. Once i have completed at least five i would like to make another Christmas quilt this year.

Michelle said...

Hi, from another Tennessean! I was trying to figure out where Northeast would be, but since I am not too good with my directions, wasn't sure! Thanks for commenting on my blog, I can't take credit for that cute baby but sure love him to pieces!!

Your studio looks great...will be watching for that Christmas quilt!!!

Hugs, Michelle

Dawn said...

It looks wonderful! Once your done with your piles want to come do mine!!!!

meggie said...

Soo jealous of your tidy stewdio!

Not really, I quite like my chaos most of the time. I usually know where everything is, even if it wouldnt seem so.

You are getting a good start on 2007!