Sunday, January 14, 2007

Where Has the Week Gone?




It's Sunday again! How can that be? I keep losing these big chunks of time! LOL Yesterday morning I spied 3 male cardinals and 2 females (there was probably a third female there that I just didn't see), and I grabbed my camera for a photo shoot. I was sooo excited! The only thing that really bothers me, tho, is that there aren't usually that many birds around at this time of the time, and right now you step outside in the morning and think you're already in spring with all of the different birds singing and flitting around! Just ain't normal, it ain't! LOL

Dear Libby keeps asking when I'm going to post a picture of the angel I'm working on. Well, here are two of the three--in all of their baldness and blank faces. ;P There will be three of them set on point. Just a simple, rather primitive wallhanging. They will get some yarn hair, and smiling rosy faces, and maybe even a tiny little quilt in their hands, so there's still a bit to do before they are ready for their setting triangles. I still haven't gotten any more done on my Tree Angel quilt, but she's still patiently waiting for me. I HAVE started work on my Applique Designs. I've prepped the first block, so see, I'm getting there! LOL

I made beef stew yesterday in the crock pot, and cornbread to go with it. It was quite yummy, and we had it in our new pottery bowls while watching a movie, "Cinderella Man". Great movie! We've only had our DVD player over a year now, and we're finally figuring out how to use the thing. ROFL We are just real techno geeks in this household!!! ROFL

I've got sourdough bread rising. The loaves that I made last week were soooo good, and the temps are supposed to get back down to more normal levels on Tuesday, so I thought I would just have some bread on hand. It's gotten up to 66 deg. here today. Insane weather! Hope everyone has had a wonderful, relaxing weekend.

9 comments:

Holly said...

Angie, your angels are very nice. I'm looking forward to seeing the finishing touches. I wonder if you find applique as relaxing as I do. When you do get around to starting a Friendship Dahlia, you'll be surprised at how quickly they go together. Had I known this, I would have started mine a long time ago :) I've been enjoying all the bird pictures.

Libby said...

Now those angels are darling ... I think I might like them bald *s* that way they can be busy watching over us instead of worrying about their hair. Just a thought.

Shelina said...

We've had more birds than usual too - seems like it is spring already and we haven't had our first big snow yet. I hope they do okay.

Tazzie said...

Beef stew and cornbread!! ... make up that guest room hon, I'm heading over!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

The angels are precious, 68 degrees here yesterday!

Patti the Hardenbrook Girl said...

The angels are wonderful! I can hardly wait to see them finished. Yarn hair will be the perfect touch!

Screen Door said...

The angels are special. I like the fabric choices.

~Nancy~ said...

I love your angels! I admire your handwork.
As for the birds, this is the wackiest winter. We NEED some cold to keep things in balance. Maybe February will get us back to some sort of winter time.
Hope your feller's eye gets better. How scary is that?! Prayers for him...
Beef stew is my fav!! I made the Feller several pints (frozen) to take back to NC and he is lovin' some home cookin'. :-)
I make mine the "dump" method..dump in varied canned veggies..the more the better, add cut up taters, onions, and carrots, brown the stew meat in flour, add some water and McCormicks Beef Stew mix....yummo!
(thanks for your comment on my red boots...you could wear these..what you can't see is that they stop at the ankle...so much more comfy! I looking for a place to show those puppies off! ;-) )

May Britt said...

I'm asking myself the same question: Where have the week gone. Work, meetings and a little bit sewing. I am so looking forward to see the AD block you have started. what colours you have chosen. And your angels are so cute, even if they do not have any hair yet LOL