Friday, February 02, 2007

Can You See My Shadow




I feel like that ground hog that they use to see if he can see his shadow -- just poking my head up out of a hole! LOL I'm still dealing with the crud that I've had for a close to two weeks now, but I am starting to feel like I'm going to live! Yea!!! :P Randy just left for a show in Dalton, GA. We did not get the snow that had been predicted, nor did we get the ice. As much as I would love to have a good snow, I was glad we didn't get it this time since he's on the road.

I'm straightening up the house a bit, and I'm going to put some potatoes on to cook to make me a pot of "broccoli cheese potatoe soup" by a recipe that a blogger friend's sister was kind enough to send me. Randy doesn't care for these types of soups, so I knew what I would be making for Super Bowl Weekend at my house!! :) Yummmm, I can hardly wait to have it ready to eat...

Then I'm going to sit down by the fire and do needleturn applique. I also need to work on my February 'bluework' snowman. :) My friend, Evonne, and I are doing one of Kim Diehl's patterns from her book "Simple Blessings". I'm sure that she will have hers together long before I do LOL but it will be fun to motivate each other, and see how different they turn out at the end. :)

I made the heart wallhanging several years ago, and it's one of my favorite pieces. The other picture is a pin that I made from one of the crafty blogger's pattern for a Christmas gift. :) It was fun...I'll make more of those in the future.

Gotta go peel those potatoes now. Everyone stay safe and warm today!

17 comments:

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Angie - I'm so glad that you poked your head out for a bit of news. I'm sorry that you're still feeling poorly - thatsoup will help - it does sound yummy! I'm coming over to have some- ok? LOL And, while I'm there we can sit and stitch together or a bit - might as well make the most of my visit. teehee!!!

Well, I love that heart wallhanging - it's absolutely adorable.

Dawn said...

Your valentine wall hanging is very cute! The soup sounds perfect as does sewing and a fire!

Carolyn said...

The soup sounds delicious, I hope it warms you up and helps you feel better. Which pattern are you making from Simple Blessings? I love the book but haven't motivated myself to make any of the quilts yet...I keep thumbing through it and thinking, "some day!"

quiltnbee said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm glad you like my little quilt and I knew there would be people out there pulling for me during the whole water debacle! I love your heart quilt, it is so sweet and that little pin, too! It sounds like you are in for a nice cozy weekend. Your soup sounds wonderful...my DH is not a soup lover either so I always make something like that when he goes away...Stay warm!

Beth said...

Angie~ I'm glad you are starting to feel human! I love your heart wall hanging. I have been on the lookout for something to applique in the middle of my ApplewoodFarms BOM from last yr. Guess I will add this to my list!

meggie said...

Love that wallhanging. Glad you are starting to feel better.
And I will be there with my bowl out for some of that soup!!
Keep warm & enjoy your soup & sewing.

teodo said...

Your flower-heart quilt is very nice and I think I will copy your pin for a swap. Also in Italy we eat broccoli and potatoes with cheese and ham. I usually cook a kind of cake with theese ingredients. It's very tasty! ciao, ciao.

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

Wish you were feeling better! Your Heart Wallhanging is outstanding, I really like it.

Quilting Kim said...

Angie - Glad to hear that you are on the mend and starting to feel better. I just love the heart wall hanging - no wonder it's one of your favorites.

Fiona said...

The valentine's wallhanging is lovely, no wonder it's one of your favourites.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love the wallhanging, too; it looks wonderful set against the bricks. The pin is as cute as it can be! Thanks for sharing.

Marcie said...

Hi Angie, Your heart quilt is darling! And I love the pincushion. It is nice to have some embroidery to play with when you are not feeling well, don't you think? Take care!

Libby said...

I'm a little behind in my reading, but I'm so glad to see you have poked your head up for us. Your wallhanging is just great -- perfect for Valentine's. Don't overdo -- went want you back in fine form right away.

Suze said...

How good it is that you are feeling better.

Love the valentine wall hanging and the pin is one more thing I will have to make right away.

The soup sounds wonderful. I will take a bowl too...........

You are right. Needleturn applique and a fire in the fireplace are sheere delight on the cold winter days.

Finn said...

Love the pin and the wall hanging. Hope the soup turned out as good as it sounds. I do like that kind of soups, must be the midwest thing..*VBS* Hope you feel better soon. Hugs, Finn

Katie said...

What is it about the guys that love the bowl of chili but not the soup? Love you hearts wall hanging and what a perfect place for it. Hope you are getting some sunshine and feeling better. Katie

Shelina said...

It's a cute wallhanging and a cute pincushion. I had potatoes today too. Yum.