Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Yukky Health Issues Update


so feel free to skip this one if you're so inclined. I know that some of my family try to keep up with me through this blog, so I need to let them know how things are. :)

I had an appt. with my GP yesterday (and I do just love this dr!!), and he assured me that I'm a very healthy 50-year-old (well, okay, soon-to-be 51 LOL). He was quite put out that the endocrinologist scared me to death by telling me that my heart was in a precarious position. Dr. Hicks (GP) vehemently disagreed with that diagnosis, altho he does agree that I have an irregular heart rate and need the beta blocker. So, in order to put my mind at rest, he has ordered an echocardiogram and nuclear stress test, which I will spend the ENTIRE day having done on Thursday (day after tomorrow). I'll go spend tomorrow night with Sug (my seester) cause I live an hour away from the city I have to go to get have this done---and I have to be at the hospital at 7:30 a.m.!!!! What an ungodly hour LOL! He also had the lab draw 10 vials of blood (I'm not sure I had much left after that ROFL) for a battery of tests to rule out all kinds of nasty things. :) Then, after we make sure that the ole ticker is healthy, he will have the biopsy done on the thyroid mass, just to make SURE that there's no cancer in there. He also gave me an antibiotic for a sinus infection, which should help me feel better soon. :) The weight gain (afraid so :c) he attributes to the thyroid...as a matter of fact, he thinks that EVERYTHING that is going on with me right now is thyroid-related. So, hopefully, with his help we can start to get some of these issues that have been nagging at me and robbing me of my energy and interest resolved. I was very pleased with my visit yesterday (did I already tell you I really love this dr LOL)!

I'm still working on my first block of Whig Rose (from Simple Blessings book). Honestly, I really haven't felt like doing anything, including sewing. Hopefully, Spring will be here soon (altho if you look at the Weather Channel today, you would NEVER believe that!! LOL) and I'll have my energy and enthusiasm back.

The photo is of a couple of things that I made for Christmas that I hadn't shared with you. :)

Although I haven't been posting lately, I have been reading everyone else's blog, and I'm truly grateful for all of my blog friends and your wonderful comments of encouragement. :)

11 comments:

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Angie - you're in my thoughts. Take care of you!

Screen Door said...

It's good to see you post. It's also incredibly frustrating, getting appointments to these doctors. The waiting is a killer-(Figuratively, of couse). at least these are things that can be fixed.
Hang in there!!!

teodo said...

Don't worry! I had the same problems( it was the thyroid) some years ago..my heart seemed a bit "crazy" but after medical exams they found the solution and the right quantity of medicins. They kept me under control every 6 months for 3 years. Now just once a year and I keep taking medicins. I feel really good now! They will find the right solution for you too! Don't worry! ciao, ciao.

May Britt said...

The heart you have done is beautiful. You know I love hearts. And take care. The doctor will fix you.
And have you showed us the whig rose block you are working on? Reminds me I have to start getting borders on mine now. I have all four blocks done.

Patti said...

Glad to see that you are getting some answers - or are going to get them. Just the fact that they are doing so much to check you out has got to be encouraging. Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers that the biopsy is negative and the test point the way to an easy solution to your health problems.

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

Glad to hear you are getting good results from the Drs and tests!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Prayers for healthy days ahead. I went through something two years ago and had no interest in sewing, or anything related, afterwards... that scared me worse than anything at that time! ha! You'll be fine once you get diagnosed and have a sense yourself about what, exactly, is going on. We'll wait to hear. Until then, you take care of you, Angie.

meggie said...

Hi Angie, glad to see you back.
I love that heart!
Take good care of you!

Carolyn said...

Angie, I'm glad you're seeing the doctors and having the tests you need to find out what is sapping your energy and making your little heart go pitty pat. Keep us posted...and I'll keep you in my prayers!

Libby said...

Hang in there - you've been missed, but health is way more important. Take care of that first so you can get back to quilting. I'll keep you my thoughts.

Beth said...

I had a similar problem, and it turned out to be Hasimoto's disease. (The thyroid was dying is all that means.) But it scared my endo because the antibody count was so high. Keep us posted on what he says and we'll keep you in our prayers.