Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day


I know, I know, it's time to get the bunnies out. But you see, I'm always several days late and a whole bunch of dollars short. LOL And since I have NO, yes, I'm sad to say you read that right--NO pictures from the quilt show to share, I wanted you to see my little shamrock that I made last year. It's actually on the wall now, and off of my photo 'stage' :). I did take my camera to the show, but left it in the car. It was frigid cold, and when I realized I needed the camera, I just COULDN'T go get it. We had to park way up on the hill and ride the golf cart down LOL. Anyway, there were lots of quilts, and even more people at the show, and we didn't even get to the other building that they also had a quilt exhibit in. They are really going to have to do something about a larger building. Their space and parking are waaaay outgrown.

Glorie and I had a good time, even tho I was still dragging a bit from the sinus infection. She actually started cutting out a king-size bed quilt on Saturday evening, and by the time she was ready to head for home on Sunday at 2:00, she already has quite a bit sewn. I got to test drive her Bernina 200 which has the stitch regulator on it. I was no better with it than I am on my regular Bernina. :D I need LOTS of practice at this machine quilting, I can tell you! LOL After she left on Sunday, I started piecing a new spring tablerunner. It has 3 16-piece blocks on point in the center that Glorie had already cut and brought to me. :) Got those pieced and stitched with their setting triangles. Now I'm ready to put the borders on. Thought I would work on that today, but I've been outside most of the day digging weeds out of the flowerbed. Guess who won't be able to move tomorrow??? LOL

The rest of the week is supposed to be in the 70s so I'll be outside more than in. Hope everyone had a fantastic St. Patrick's Day!

7 comments:

Tazzie said...

Your shamrock is super cute Angie, I think that's something I'd like to make sometime.
You're right - machine quilting takes so much practice. I'd like to have a go on one of those machines with the BSR sometime. It would be intersting to see if it makes a huge difference.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

teodo said...

Hi Angie, your shamrock is very nice.

I have a new Bernina 440 but I always use my old Husquarna.

For St Patrick's day my daughter went to London and
she was very happy.

ciao ciao

Suze said...

Great shamrock...... Glad you are home safe and that you had a wonderful time.

meggie said...

Very cute Shamrock. Glad you had a good time at the Show, & had some fun sewing.

Katrina said...

That shamrock is wonderful Angie! Where did you get the pattern? I just love it!

Darcie said...

Sounds like you and Glorie had a terrific time! You sound refreshed and full of energy...good for you!

Lois R. said...

What a cute shamrock quilt!