Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Oops, I Lost 5 Days!

Don't know where they went!! :D I have been to the doctor (GP) today, and got really good news! The iodine radiation treatment worked! Yeaaaa! Now the thyroid levels are too low, but according to my dr., this will be easily remedied by a simple little pill. I have to go back to the endocrinologist on Monday, and after seeing him, I will start some sort of thyroid medication. I have felt so much better this last week, and that's just been incredible. I've felt lousy for so long I had forgotten what it was like to actually feel good. And my dr. also said that once I start the medication, it should give me more energy, and that I should drop this extra weight fairly easily. The weight gain has really bothered me cause all of my clothes are tooooo tight. But at least I know why I've gained, and there's relief in sight!! LOL Randy left for Chicago this morning. He won't be back until Sunday night. I have big plans to get some cleaning and straightening up done around here. THEN I want to sew. I have my second Whig Rose block ready to work on; I've just been waiting until I got him out the door. :) I've been planning to spend time in my sewing room while he's away, but you know about the best laid plans, and all of that...well, Badger (one of my two wienie dogs) has come up lame again. Every Spring is a bit apprehensive for me (since 2002) because every May he has another disc go in his back. Only this time it's hit him earlier than usual, and I've been carrying him wherever he needs to go, and locking him in the large pet carrier if I have to be gone. I started him on Prednisone again yesterday. That, plus caging him for 4-6 weeks, usually pulls him out of it. He doesn't want me out of his sight, so it makes it more difficult to actually go in my sewing room and stay there. I may end up doing more applique than anything the next few days. I have some pictures (not quilty, tho) that I want to post but haven't uploaded them from the camera yet. I'll do that later today.

11 comments:

jenclair said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling better! Hope Badger feels better soon...

meggie said...

So glad you are on the way to recovery!
Poor Badger. Angels in his body!

Rose Marie said...

So glad to hear that you are starting to feel better! Your nature photos are good ... you are so lucky to see deer and in your own back yard!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and your kind comments!
I'm having so much fun blogging and it great to be in touch with people from around the world!
Hope your little dog gets better soon!

Carol said...

That is just great news...glad you are starting to feel better. I'm sending Badger good thoughts!

Libby said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling so much better -- that' is great news. Hope your pup is able to be back on his paws soon, too. Poor baby, he's got to feel so sore.

Quilting Kim said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling better. Sorry to hear that Badger isn't doing quite as well - poor little guy.

Tazzie said...

I'm so pleased you're feeling better, I've been thinking of you often and wondering how you are. Isn't it amazing how the days can just disappear! I'm so sorry Badger isn't feeling too good, hopefully he'll be on the up and up soon!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Jane Weston said...

Hi Angie,

Just found your blog after you commented on mine. Thanks for the encouragement about those colours! :) I like what you've been working on. I've just discovered Kim Diehl and I love her stuff...bought both books just based on the covers! Hope Badger feels better soon. TTFN

KCQuilter said...

Oh, Angie, so good to hear that your thyroid treatment is helping! And hope your doggy feels better soon too. Now, go quilt something!!!

teodo said...

Well Angie I'm happy you feel better and that your thyroid treatment is good. Now try to be calm and then all will be well. ciao ciao

Suze said...

It is good to hear that you are doing better. Now you will be able to enjoy the things you did before you had such troubles.