Saturday, March 10, 2007

Spring Ahead




Here you go, Meggie, the Johnny Jumpup. Isn't it adorable? They are soooo teeny tiny. They hide, all nestled in the grass, and sometimes I only get a glimpse of them. :D I remember as a child picking these tiny little flowers, and most springs I end up picking a few to float in a clear glass bowl or brandy snifter. Hmmmm, wonder what I did with that snifter. Haven't seen it in several years. Guess that's why I end up putting them in a small, clear dessert bowl. :) You can't tell it by the picture, but it's actually the palest of pale yellows, creamy may be a better color description. :) Where I grew up, they were purple, and sometimes here I find pale lavender ones. So far this season, all I've seen are this color.

The wallhanging was made and given to me several years ago by Glorie (my niece). I always have it out for March since I associate the Sunbonnet Sues flying kites in the March winds. And Lord knows, we have had some wicked winds this March. :D

I happened to glance out my kitchen window yesterday evening and saw these two big turkeys having their evening snack. I, quick, grabbed the camera to get a picture of them. Ooooh, I DO love this tripod! :) As long as the camera is still attached to it, it really does make it soooo much easier to snap pictures without having to worry about trying to hold the camera completely still. Of course, I still managed to get a bit of a blur LOL but I'm definitely getting better photos with it.

Badger did really well last night, and so far this morning he seems to be improving too. He will be on the steroid and muscle relaxer through the rest of the weekend, and hopefully by Monday he will be feeling much better. :) Of course, I have done very little of what I had planned to do with my days alone due to running back and forth to the doctor for me on Wed, taking Badger to the vet on Thurs., going to bring him back home yesterday, and each of these trips take between an hour and an 1-1/2 one way. Since bringing him back home yesterday evening, I've been playing doggie nurse and trying to keep him from wandering around when I put him down for drinks (the pred makes them really thirsty) and to go potty.

So, there you have it, folks! LOL That pretty well sums up most of this past week. Gone in a flash! Now, maybe I can do a bit of sewing, do ya think? LOL

10 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love the turkey shot! Spring's poking up all around here, too... (no turkeys spotted out my kitchen window, though. That's a great photo, Angie!) Glad Badger's better... these little guys can really turn our loves upside down, can't they? Give him a get well hug!

jenclair said...

Glad Badger is on the mend, poor baby. Love the turkeys!

Suze said...

Just another sign that spring is arriving soon.

vicki W said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I love all of the photos you have on yours. I wish I was as quick with the camera when we see interesting wildlife around our house!

meggie said...

Thankyou so much for that lovely little pic of the Johnny Jumpup! what a sweet little face!
Also love the little wallhanging,.
And love the pic of those turkeys. There are wild turkeys here, but they look quite different somehow.
Soo glad you have Badger home to care for yourself.

Tracey Petersen said...

How lovely to see flowers appearing, no matter how small. I got a tripod for Christmas, but keep forgetting to use it. I need to get into a habit of taking it with me.

Libby said...

So glad to hear that Badger is doing better - it's so hard when they can't tell you what wrong and you can't get them to lie down and rest. I'm trying to catch up this morning on reading posts - I love all the signs of spring that are coming your way. Warm sunshiny mornings are just the best. I have the windows cracked today to let in a bit of fresh air. Spring will be in full bloom before we know it.

Greenmare said...

Oh I do love your flowers! It gives this Wisconsin woman hope that spring is on the way! I know it's here somewhere under the piles of snow!
hug your cute doggies for me too, hope they are feeling better.
Mary

gwen said...

Spring is here as well the first daffodils are blooming in my garden. Doesn´t the air smell sweet! Glad to hear about Badger´s recovery. I wish I could snap some pictures of all the birds around here but I am never lucky or I don´t have enough patience!

Dawn said...

Spring has arrived finally in the chicago area also - although I hear we might get snow again. I love the picture of the turkeys - I've never seen wild turkey's before!