Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Spring Fever


Yesterday we had a high of 71, today it's supposed to be 75---then Sat. night a low of 28. Is that crazy or what!! :D Friday is supposed to be in the 50s. Glorie (my niece) is coming for a weekend visit, and we're planning on going to the Pigeon Forge Quilt Show on Friday. The first year we went it snowed. Last year was so warm we were in shirtsleeves. We may be going full circle here with the weather. :)

I have to make a path through the house and pick up a few groceries before Friday morning. Shoveling out the sewing room again will take more time than anything. I'm just completely out of room for storing quilt books and magazines, yet there are always new ones that I want. I have piles of them in the sewing room floor that have to be moved in order for the two of us to be able to get in there and play. :D

The little wallhanging that I've posted is one that I did last year. It's wool applique on cotton background, and I hand-quilting this one. It's one of my favorites. :)

14 comments:

Libby said...

Don't you just love this weather. It was in the mid 70's here yesterday. I opened windows and even had the front door open. No television or radio on just the sounds and smells from outside . . . then at about 3, the fog rolled it, I had to close up everything and put on a sweatshirt. Man did it get cold quick. This is spring *s*

Suze said...

Just as long as we get some warm days in the mix, I am happier than with all cold weather. No 70's here yet but it did get into the 50's.

Have a great time at the quilt show and come back with lots of pictures.

Beth said...

I will think of you on Friday...I will be at a quilt show too! Only one BIG difference...we will be in the 90's! So sad..hot already...sniff sniff!

meggie said...

Love your little wallhanging.
Have fun at the show- wish I could be there too! Wouldnt we have some fun.

KCQuilter said...

What a sweet wallhanging! Love it. I envy you going to the Pigeon Forge Quilt Show!!! Have fun for all of us and take lots of photos!

pamina (laurence) said...

Your wallhangig is very pretty in its simplicity ! Thank you for visiting my blog and your nice comment !

dee said...

Thanks for stopping by and the nice things you said. I think your work is beautiful and your dogs are precious

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Your wallhanging is so pretty, I hope to see lots of quilt pics from Pigeon Forge. Our temps have been up and down here, too. I vote for up to come and stay! Ha!!

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Cute, cute, cute wallhanging, Mz Angie. Definitely says Spring!

Lois R. said...

Have fun at the quilt show! And enjoy your warm weather -- we're having more snow!

teodo said...

Have a great weekend with your niece Glory.
ciao ciao

Katrina said...

Don't tell me that you used your rug hooking wool for the wall hanging LOL! I absolutely love it! It is so simple but just wonderful. No wonder it is one of your favourites. Have a great weekend.

diva of quilts said...

Very cute! I love wool applique.
laura

Finn said...

Hi Angie, hope the visit with your niece was lots of fun, and the quilt show was inspiring!!
Love the little wall hanging...I wonder why we don't do more of those simple ones? They are so charming *VBS* Hugs, Finn