Friday, March 09, 2007

Upper 60s Today




The vet just called and said that Badger is doing MUCH better this morning! I may get to bring him home this evening. I am so relieved! He will have to stay confined at least through the weekend, but that's okay. At least he will be home. :D Neither Dewey nor I know how to act without my little sweet-faced fella (see first picture, all pictures enlarge with a click) here with us. :) Needless to say, the vet's call with good news started my Friday off on a wonderful note!!

Yesterday evening, Dewey and I took a quick stroll down to the water's edge to see how close our dock is to floating, and I saw my first Johnny-JumpUp of the season. I was soooo excited, but I didn't have my camera with me. So I'll be out searching for that tiny little blossom today so I can "record" exactly when they start popping up in the spring. Those little flowers have always heralded spring for me, even more so than the daffodils.

My friend Evonne, her hubby, and her MIL stopped by for a short visit yesterday evening. That was a greatly-needed bright spot in an otherwise worrisome day! I had not met Bobby's Mom before, and she's just precious. She's sewn all of her life, and still does some quilting. She took an older Singer sewing machine home with her to see if she can get the tension straightened out on it. Someone had given it to me months ago. I think it's from the 60s or 70s. Definitely NOT a Featherweight--this thing weighs an absolute TON. LOL Bobby has a Featherweight, tho, that he would sell me for $200. I just need to round up the funds and I can join the FW groupies. LOL

Photos of: Badger, a Swallow (they are so graceful in flight and a beautiful bird), daffodil peeking out of the weeds.

6 comments:

Carol said...

Angie I am so happy to hear that Badger is doing so much better. I'm sending more good thoughts for him and for you too. Take care...Carol

Finn said...

Hi Angie, what good news that Badger is doing better. And how thrilling to see a Johnny Jumpup. They bring spring to me also, but don't push through the snow like our daffodils and tulips do. I will be looking for them in a month or so, and bringing some home to see if I can get them to grow in a pot for me..*VBS* I do love them so...*VBS* Hugs, Finn

meggie said...

Hi Angie, so glad Badger is coming along nicely. We do love our little furry friends dont we.
What is a Johnny Jumpup? I have never heard of them, so will look forward to a pic of them. I love the pics from yesterday, & this post. Daffodils are so cheerful. And the birds you have are so different to any we have here! Love seeing pics of them.
It is cooling here for Autumn, & we will soon be off daylight saving!

teodo said...

Well I'm happy for Badger and for you. I think that you are 100% a nature-lover! You are like my husband.. he loves the nature so much that he can see every little change in a season. He always takes pictures of flowers, trees, birds and so on. ciao ciao

Beth said...

OH...I'm SO glad Badger is better! Here's hoping he comes home tomorrow! nice spring pictures..

Darcie said...

I'm happy for you that Badger is gaining strength to go back home to his loved ones! Please give him a tummy rub from me.

Love your pics of spring! I just have mud and slush so far! Yuck.

Have a pleasant weekend, Angie!