Friday, March 02, 2007

Will Wonders Never Cease





Two posts in two days---law, I must be feeling better!! LOL I have to share some scenery photos that I took today and at dusk. My birthday present finally arrived today--no, it wasn't quilt-related, can you believe it??? Well, maybe a bit related since I'll be taking pictures of quilt projects. :) I got a tripod for my little digital camera!!! Yea!!! I have a zoom for my camera, and it makes it very topheavy and hard to take pictures that aren't blurred. So, I ordered a tripod, and I LOVE IT!! What do you think? (Hmmm, those deer in my back yard look a bit blurred to me but I took that picture from inside the house through the windowglass.) And that's actually a cloud across the moon---isn't it just awesome???? Been trying to capture a picture of the moon ever since I got this little camera, and they were ALWAYS blurred. :)

Nadine left a comment on my last post about being in the 'hippo-feeling' club along with me (ROFL), and I LOVE her 'cache-miseries' clothes -- 'hide miseries' -- now those were the style that I was looking for the other day!! LOL Carol, in FL, said they had the same discussion on clothes styles in her shop the other day as well. Hmmmm, anybody got any contacts in the fashion design world that we could 'picket'? ROFL Meggie made a good point--maybe the people who notice that I've gained weight will feel good about themselves for NOT having gained (now, Megs, that really IS a different perspective, I must admit!!! LOL) Darlene says she waddles when she walks and looks like a beached whale when she lies down....well, so do I girlfriend, so don't feel like the Lone Ranger!! :D And Marcie thinks I should come visit her in VA Beach, cause she feels my pain about the weight gain, and if I were to visit her then I could chase her around the block and we would both feel better----hmmmm, you really think we would feel better, Marcie?, or are you trying to kill me, girlfriend???? ROFL I couldn't run to the first corner of the block, let alone ALL THE WAY AROUND IT!!! LOL

The point of sharing their comments is that each of you, and the others that I didn't name specifically, just put joy in my life each and every day. :D You make me smile, and most of the time, I end up laughing out loud when I'm doing my blog journey each day. A thousand thanks to all of you who take the time to come visit me, leave me comments, and lift my mood--everyday. :D

21 comments:

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Right back at ya, girlfriend! It's a joy to "know" you!

May Britt said...

Beautiful photos. Nature is so wonderful and if we catch the right moment we can get such beautiful photos.
Wish you a wonderful sewing weekend.

Sue said...

Amazing photos. I feel like Im there

Carol said...

Those photos are beautiful...thank you for sharing yourself with all of us...you are so right...blog friends ar wonderful.

Darcie said...

You're so fun, Angie! Your sense of humor will surely help you heal swiftly. I wish that you didn't have to go through that rotten thyroid problem.

But...here's a thought about your fashion and attire. I know that it's too late for your outing from the other night...but I once read that some folks may not remember who you are...nor what you're wearing...but they will more than likely remember the jewelry that you wore.

What am I getting at here? Well...to take the focus *somewhere else*...perhaps a few pieces of lovely handcrafted jewelry might excite you? I know for a fact that I definitely remember someone's jewelry. I love the handcrafted stuff, myself. Just a thought!

Lovely photos! You must be surrounded by breathtaking sights!

Hugs to you!

Elaine Adair said...

Lovely photos -

Yes, you also lift MY spirits .. isn't that what all thie blogging is about?

I passed briefly through the 'sticks' in Missouri and made an ordinary "How ya doin?" comment in a grocery parking lot to a hayseed-type guy, in bib overalls, with a chaw in his cheek. His response was so clever -- "Same back" ... What a great retort -- so, Angie, "Same back!"

meggie said...

Love this blogging community! We all have differing views, & yet we have so much the same! I have been so heartened to realise I am not the only one who hoards her stash, or loves to just stroke the fabric, & 'love' it.
And the laughs are just great to share!
I have just finished a book wherein a character would say, "Angels on your body" by way of a nice greeting- I just loved the idea of that!!
So, Angie, "Angels on your body!!"

Libby said...

Isn't it great to know you have friends - just EVERYWHERE! Blogger friends are the best *s*
Looks like you are going to have a lot of fun with your new toy. And we will reap the benefits here. Yippee *s*

Nadine said...

Lovely post, Angie, and such nice photos ! I was so happy to ""see" you at our "appointment" ! LOL
...
Big hugs & smiles !
NADINE

YankeeQuilter said...

I vote with Darcie on the jewlery. I have what my DH referrs to as my "sack dress" which fits me no matter what the weight. I wear it with a great handpainted scarf and big gold earrings. I always get compliments when I wear it and it drives him crazy!

Great photos.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Great post today! Enjoyed your deer pic, a frequent sight here; they are always so wonderful to glimpse and yet so dreadful to the plants! Grrr

Marcie said...

Angie, that "run around the block" thing was just a figure of speech. We could "run" to the quilt store though! Your photos are fantastic!

Norma said...

The purchase of the tripod seems to have been an excellent decision. Those are great pictures! I think we all struggle with capturing the beauty around us with our camera as we see it in real life. I am still looking for the perfect way to photograph quilts. I love the dimension of quilting but find it hard to capture with the camera.

Abandoned in Pasadena said...

Your photos are great and I can't seem to ever get such beautiful pictures of the sky as you have captured here. I saw one deer in our yard a week ago just passing thru and I was so mesmerized by it's sight that I didn't even try to take a picture of it.

teodo said...

Angie your photos are very beautiful and now I'm waiting for more pictures with your new zoom.
I'm happy if you are smailing. ciao ciao

KCQuilter said...

Stunning pictures! You'll have fun with your new toy!

Suze said...

Wow................. Such stunning pictures.

Shelina said...

Happy birthday. A tripod is a great gift, and you have already started using it so well. These pictures are gorgeous!

Pam said...

It is so nice to have blogging friends to stop in and visit with :))

Beautiful pictures - such a lovely shot of the moon.

Simonetta said...

Wow!!!Very beautiful your foto, Angie :))))Thank you so much to share her with us!

Rachel said...

Wowwee! Lovely pictures!! Love your quilt block in the last past as well! Pretty!!