Thursday, April 05, 2007

Brrrr Somebody Build a Fire!



Man, these 20 and 30 deg temps are hard on a body after having such unseasonably warm days for the last 3 weeks!! It's an absolutely GORGEOUS morning but cold! So we do have a fire going in the woodstove, and I would imagine we WILL have one for the next several days. Thank goodness we decided to get this stove; the wood heat just cannot be beat when you need something to snuggle up to. LOL

Here's a picture of my birdbath that I treated myself to with my birthday money from Lilie (one of my seesters *g*). Isn't it just the cat's meow??? I LOVE it!! I just have to remember to dump the water out of it tonight so it won't freeze and crack over the next few nights. There goes the Weatherbug buzzing to tell me there's a freeze warning for tonight. :) And our apple tree has been beautiful. Den (one of my brothers) told me last night that his cherry tree has been loaded with beautiful blooms, and now there's a freeze on the way and it will most likely get frostbitten. Such a shame...I would imagine that there are a lot of people that will be either out covering plants with blankets and rugs or will suffer losses.

We had the most ferocious storm night before last that we've had here yet. And I thought I had gone through several that were really bad. They always come right at bedtime too which makes it even worse. But we are the fortunate ones, so far we really haven't sustained any damage. I know there were lots of people that did suffer a lot of damage from this storm.

I plan on working on 'belated' (yes, I'm getting worse and worse about getting cards in the mail on time :( ) birthday greetings today, and I'm going to FINALLY work on the second block of the Whig Rose today. That's my plan and I'm sticking to it...well, after I make us an almond pound cake, of course :D, which I'm going to do right now. Oh, and I'm going to make a loaf of homemade bread to go with the stew that I cooked yesterday. THEN I'm settling in by the stove and sewing some.

5 comments:

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Cold weather is going to force you to stay inside and SEW. Enjoy!

Lois R. said...

Stay warm!

Katie said...

Love the outdoor pics. Hope you get your weeding done so you can come help me as soon as my snow is gone. VBS

meggie said...

Ooh Angie, I would love to come & sew with you by your warm fire, I have some of your Almond cake!
We could have a million laughs.

Marcie said...

Love your birdbath! Don't let it freeze! Been there, done that! Have a happy Easter weekend!