Saturday, May 05, 2007

Birds Everywhere





Sorry for posting only pictures with no explanations. I was in a hurry to at least get SOMETHING posted. :D Elaine asked if that is an Indigo Bunting...YES, YES, YES! Aren't I the lucky one? He's absolutely gorgeous! All of the photos can by enlarged by clicking on them. He visited the first time on May 1 (I think), and has come back every day since for breakfast and dinner. :) And we have scads of Gold Finches. They are the most lovely little things...just twittering and singing and doing acrobatics. :) We've also had a pair of purple finches, a Cardinal, lots of Swallows, Bluebirds, Chipping Sparrows, and a pair of Juncos (I think *g*), and my sweet little Hummingbirds. There's one little Ruby-Throated Hummer that tries to guard to feeders at the same time. LOL He stays quite busy trying to hoard the 'food'. Kinda reminds me of myself with all of my fabric and quilt books. *g* I have been outside...for days and days on end...and loving every minute of it!! Oh, and Sheila (aubirdwoman), that IS the same moon you see, I see'! LOL And I'm afraid I'm not as young as I can get away with letting you think I am on this blog!! ROFL

Libby, I did go ahead and stick some veggie seeds in pots, and now I have cherry tomatoes, cucumber, summer squash, zuchinni, and lettuce all sprouting! I was thrilled that they came up. Now I just need to get me a veggie patch tilled up.

I have to run to the produce market now for some fresh fruit. We have friends coming for lunch tomorrow, so I better stir up the dust in this house, send those 'bunnies' scurrying, and sling my books and magazines in another room and shut that door. :D I do hope all of my family and friends are having a wonderful weekend. We are having some much-needed rain this morning, but tomorrow is supposed to dawn bright and pretty. :)

11 comments:

Darlene said...

Beautiful birds - I can imagine how much you are enjoying their visits.

Vicki W said...

We also have loads of Goldfinches - and Cardinals and Bluebirds - but today we saw our Indigo Bunting return too! I also saw my first Hummingbird return - DH has been seeing them but I keep missing them! You take great photos.

Isabelle said...

Love the bird pictures. Hummingbirds - gosh. Do they come from America? Well, obviously they must. Not sure where I thought they lived. How beautiful.

teodo said...

Beautiful these bird pictures!
Thanks, ciao ciao

sMC said...

Love the Bird photos....we are torn between veggies and birds. But as I write I can hear the birds. They are just like a Mothers Club Meeting AUBIRDWOMAN

Tazzie said...

Such beautiful pictures Angie, thank you so much for sharing!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Shelina said...

Such pretty bird pictures. I too would enjoy sitting outside and enjoy my breakfast with them.

KCQuilter said...

Seeing all your bird pictures was just the reminder I needed to haul out the hummingbird feeders! We seem to have two different groups that come through Missouri--some in late spring/early summer and some that stop over in late summer. Love to see them!

Libby said...

Good for you - a veggie garden is on the way. We've been gone for a few days. Can't wait to get outside and see what happened while I was away . . . I'm expecting my first squash blossom any day now *s* It will be cause for celebration.

Elaine Adair said...

Your photos of finches have encouraged me to put up a new post -- lazy? or weary? not sure but you will see what happened to MY poor little finch. 8-(

Thanks for the pretty twitter birds.

The Chicken Lady said...

Hi Angie,
Thanks for the comment at my place! And I'm so glad you did, since I got to come to your place and see your wonderful birdies! We've moved from WA to WI and are enjoying the birds here. We can't wait to get back out west, but in the meantime, we LOVE learning about all the colorful birds here! I can't wait to see the indigo buntings! We just got a troop of white capped sparrows, a couple white throated sparrows and 2 rose breasted grosbeaks. fun! :)