Thursday, May 10, 2007

Summertime Temps






It's supposed to be 87 deg. here today. That is a summertime temperature, not Spring! But hey, I'll take it. :) I'm still enthralled by the birds. I just do not want to stay in the house right now, so once again I have to tell you that I've been outside from dawn to dusk. Yesterday evening I had TWO Indigo Buntings come for their 'supper'! Oh my goodness! Was I thrilled or what??? Of COURSE I got a picture...that one will be shown at a later date. :) And I've had a female Rose Breasted Grosbeak that last couple of days. Now, Sug (my seester) has had the MALE RBG ( am I jealous or WHAT??) LOL I haven't had him come to visit yet, but surely there's one here, right? After all, where there's a female, there's usually a male tagging along somewhere in the sidelines, right??? ROFL

That's a 'purple finch' having a drink after his meal. Isn't he a beauty? And the other picture is of my seedlings. They have really grown since I took that photo. I still don't know where to put my veggie garden. My darling husband DOES NOT want me to put it where I want it to go, so I'm at a stand-still in that regard. They really need to be put in the ground soon, tho. Either that or just throw all of them into pots. We'll see.

We had a wonderful day last Sunday with our friends from Knoxville. They brought the most yummy cake and mini-cupcakes from Magpies, a bakery in Knoxville. Then we prowled around outside looking at my plants, picking up some wood pieces from the lake bank for them to take home and use as 'yard art' *grins*. It was a lovely day. Oh, oh, oh, and they brought me a 5-gal. Lodge dutch oven as a gift! I was thrilled! I've been wanting one of those for ages and just hadn't bought it yet. So, thanks again, Joanie and Debbie! :D

I am going outside while it's still cool. Gotta play in the dirt, you know! LOL

7 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

What about containers for your garden? I've grown bush beans and tomatoes in container gardens for years!

Darlene said...

If you're having fun playing the dirt then you continue to enjoy! I miss your quilty posts but you'll be back - it'll be too hot soon. LOL

Libby said...

The great part of quilting is that quilts will wait while you watch birds and play in the dire . . . have fun!

meggie said...

Love the birds. Glad you are so happy, & enjoying the soil.
And yes, quilts are patient!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Beautiful bird shots, I had two Indigo Buntings last weekend, shock--surprise--thrills-- well, you know the feeling! I didn't get photos of them because I didn't have my camera. I haven't seen them since... they must've just been passing through. Have fun diggin'

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

We so not get many birds in the yard because of the dogs. But when I take walks by the lake or in the woods I see so many.

We are having great weather and I love the heat.

Marcie said...

Oh my gosh! Look at all your beautiful birds! Seems like all I see around here is crows! Wishing you well!