Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Sweltering 92 Degrees!




So what happened to Spring? I feel like we are in the middle of August...totally wilted...and all worn out with hot weather! Is this a portent of what the Summer will bring? Sweltering hot? No rain? Brown, dead grass (what grass?? LOL), a tan landscape for the next 3 months? I shouldn't be complaining, I know, even tho we are so far below on our rainfall. There are several more of my neighboring Southern states that are in even worse shape than we are here in Tennessee. But it is really reaching critical mass here too insofar as the lack of rainfall is concerned.

So, if it's too hot to be outside, one would naturally ask if I've been in the air-conditioned sewing room, switching obsessions from outside to quilting ROFL, but I would have to tell you NO. :( Where did my sewing muse go? She seems to have totally deserted me. I did reverse sew that one border on that tablerunner way-back-when, and I haven't even quilted it. I did also work just a TAD on my Kim Diehl block, which is so close to being finished that I should just sit right down now and finish it up so I could at least start the third block. :( :) And just because we have guests coming on Friday, that's no reason to rush around slinging dust, and books, and magazines, and accumulated mess, now is it? LOL Definitely not a good reason to rush out to the grocery store (after all, the son's female friend is a vegetarian---hey, Rabbit Stitchings, what does one feed a vegetarian??? :D) and there's not even two pieces of bread in the house for a sandwich. Nah, not good enough reasons for all of that. So maybe I WILL just go finish that one block for now.

I am so sorry to have been such a laggart about my blog this month. I make promises to myself to be more religious about posting, and what do I do???? Desert it just like it did my quilting!! :D I'm going now to see if I can unearth that block. The photos are Homer Kitty having a snooze in the shade and pea gravel (go figure), my herb bed which I'm working on enlarging, and let me tell you that little picture does NOT do justice to how much dirt I moved!!!, and my little sweetheart, Badger. I'm going to unearth more photos eventually of my "boys" so I can share some of Dewey too. :D Hope every one is well and enjoying all of your most favorite things as we swing into Summer. (All photos enlarge with a click)

13 comments:

KCQuilter said...

Glad to see your post!! I was getting worried about you. Sorry you are having such annoying weather!!!

Elaine Adair said...

Sweltering? I'm sitting here in western Nebraska with the portable heater on under my computer desk! Arrrghhh -- too cold for my new plants, tomatoes NOT doing well at all, we are wearing sweaters and jackets!

Hope you get back on your quilting kick really soon. Hey, everyone needs a break.

The Chicken Lady said...

Hee hee, I am the one out of most people here complaining already because it's 77 and 66%humidity. I'm from WA state and it's not that hot and humid there! I am a winter girl for sure. Give me 5 feet of snow over the heat any day. I hope you have fun with your visitors and the weather is cooler! :)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Brown and dry here too. And HOT! Glad you're OK, I was getting worried about you. I think we have rain in the forecast, maybe this weekend. hope...hope... Your herb garden looks pretty. I need to go to the grocery store, too. I always dread that... maybe it's the list writing followed by the drive to the store then the actual shopping... grr. Am eager to see your quilty-show and tell soon!

Laurie Ann said...

Blech. I hate it when it gets so hot. I would love it if it never got out of the 80s all summer!!

Libby said...

Oh I so wanted an herb garden this year . . . good thing there's a fine supply available at the store and farmer's market . . . maybe next year *s* Hope you get some relief from the heat. We have had a very dry year, too and I'm not looking forward to the heat of summer. Thankfully I didn't complain when it was cold, I didn't complain when it was dry, I didn't complain when the fog didn't let the sun shine through for days at a time . . . I'm saving all my complaining for when it's hot *s*

Judy said...

Not a hot-weather lover here either! The rain keeps playing all around us and we sure could use it too. Dreading August! Your birds and animals are great!!

meggie said...

So glad to see you Angie! Thanks for popping over to my blog!
Glad you are ok. We are just going into winter, & the cold seemed to hit us suddenly. It seems odd to think you are so hot. Love your pics!
I have just got back to a bit of sewing after a slump.

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Hiya Girly,
Well I would say feed them vegetables of course :O), if they are Vegan then pretty much veggies and grains will work fine.. now if they are Lacto Ovo Vegetarian then some cheese and eggs to with will work as well... But you can never go wrong with fresh salad fixings and some of your wonderful breads!!!

We have been getting A LOT of rain here, much needed after our two year drought... I hope you guys do not get to far behind on rain...its a rough go for the trees and plants etc...

Nadine said...

I'm with you, Angie ! Can stand too high temperatures, and it puts me in such a sloooooow mood ! Don't worry, hold on, maybe you're going to this hot weather ? (our capacity f adaptation as amazing, sometimes...)...
How do you feed a vegetarian ? Good question ! Big salads, I guess ?

Keep posting !

Hugs & smiles !
NADINE

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

HI Angie
I don't like summer either, so I suppose I live in a pretty silly place as winter is turning into summer with global warming. There is a drought here too, but there has been a little bit of rain this week and some more predicted which is marvellous. Today I just wanted to go out side and stand in it - it was only sprinkling, but it had that lovely smell.
Don't do too much dust flinging - can't be good for us I'm sure. I figure guests can take me as they find me, and if I'm not up to standard, well, they don't have to come back!

Shelina said...

Angie, it's your life. Do what you want to do and don't worry about "shoulds". If quilting and blogging aren't high priorities for you right now, don't worry. When they need to be, they will be.

Simonetta said...

Everything this is strange. In Italy we have had 15 days of swelter times it is already a week that rains. Crazy time indeed!!!