Sunday, June 24, 2007

Awesome Aussie Friends



Look!!! All the way from SheilaC (Australian Birdwoman) in Australia!! Not ONLY the Country Threads issue I was looking (begging??:0) for, but this hand-stitched embroidery piece! Aren't blogging buddies just the best??? For someone who was really really hesitant about trying out the blogging world, I have made some of the most wonderful, generous and caring friends that I've ever had. Thank you soooo much, Sheila, for your generosity and friendship. :D Now I want to get some of the stitcheries transferred to muslin so I'll have handwork to take with me on the boat!! :D

Dewey and Badger got a new toy each the other day. Badger is always so cute with a new toy...he just walks around with it hanging from his mouth, and he looks so funny cause he's so short, and sometimes the toys are almost as big as he is. :) Dewey's just a little old man now and doesn't get to het up about new toys---only if he wants to let me know that it's his dinnertime and I'm not paying attention. He'll grab a toy up and start trying to shred it to make me pay attention to him (read food bowl). ROFL Sometimes he'll grab one of Badger's favorites just to aggravate his little brother. What would I do without my "boys"? LOL

I'm up to 17 spool blocks now! Can you believe it??? ROFL Pictures of those later. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

12 comments:

Rabbit Stitchings said...

I agree bloggers are just super :O), I have cyber met some great people blogging and I was like you in the beginning, not to sure about this blogging thing :O)...

Your fur boys are to cute!

17 blocks, your moving right along with those!

Beth said...

Have you seen that Petsmart commercial with the dachshund? His fav toy is as long as he is..it gets too old and has to be replaced. He gets the SAME toy and is so excited they have to scan the toy while it is still in his mouth!

meggie said...

Our dogs just love new toys too! Leo is always leaping around with something in his mouth, growling at it! He really makes us laugh.
So glad Sheila sent you the magazine. You will enjoy making those stitcheries!

Screen Door said...

Those quilters from Australia are special ladies...*s*.

sMC said...

Nice that you are so pleased. But I did forget to put the card in and I realise I should have asked the PO for stamps not the stamped sticker. aw well... next time.;)

Guðrún said...

Yes I agree it seems that the ladies here in blogland are so nice and friendly, it is like a special world of sharing information and caring for one another.

Laurie Ann said...

Love the pic of the boys and their toys!! There is a gal here at work with new little mini dacshie pup that it just the cutest!!

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

The kids sure do look happy! I am glad you were able to get the magazine.

Belém said...

I share your opinion about the blogging. Itis so cool to have friends all over the world. Yours dogs are so cute and they seem very happy with their new toys.

Marcie said...

Oh right, like you will be stitching on the boat! I will be watching for a report of how much you get done. Are you gonna grab your needle and thread when they go through a no wake zone?

Helen said...

Quilting bloggers are just great. Glad you found the magazine you wanted.

Su Bee said...

Yep, quilting bloggers are just like an extended guild-full of friends -- super!
I agree, those magazines from Oz are the best and I practically EAT them whenever I see one. Enjoy!