Thursday, June 21, 2007

Barefoot Contessa's Red Zinger Tea

I know, two posts in one day--what's the world coming to??? LOL But I was just sitting on the porch enjoying a glass of ice tea , and it's just soooo good (and not so bad for you either--no sugar added to this brew LOL) that I thought I would share the recipe, with all cudos going, of course, to Ina, the Barefoot Contessa! :) 4 cups apple juice 4 red zinger tea bags (I use whatever berry tea bags I have on hand) 4 lemon zinger tea bags (I use Green Tea Citrus flavor) 4 cups water Bring water to a boil and steep all the tea bags together for 8 minutes. Mix tea and apple juice in pitcher. Chill and enjoy!

9 comments:

sMC said...

Must buy some Red Zinger teabags...haven't drunk that for years. Also must try the Green Tea CITRUS. As a non tea drinker I have taken to green tea like a duck to water and it is healthy.

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Sounds really good, I will try it!

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

Sound really good on a hot day!

Carol said...

Sounds wonderfully refreshing.

Dawn said...

Gotta love that Ina...
I must try this recipe. It sounds wonderful!

Rodrigo said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Isabelle said...

Iced tea... not something you'd find here in Scotland. Currently it's raining, as it has been all week - nice hot tea is what we need here.

So agree about all those plastic bags. I always use big reusable bags too. Let's save the planet together... or at least, help a bit.

Rose Marie said...

I will have to try this one .. no sugar! Thanks for sharing.

MariposaMama said...

This is a staple in our house. Kids love it. Adults as well.

We generally stay away from the berry teas though when making this recipe.