Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Just Had to Share



a picture of a zuchinni blossom!!! And I have tomatoes on the vine!! AWESOME!!! I even have a zuchinni on the vine, and I have several tee-tiny yellow squash coming on!! You have no idea how thrilled I am! I plant stuff every year, and usually the critters end up eating the plants before they can make anything. And I also am trying to grow veggies in unamended (more or less) clay (my compost is growing but it takes time). Soooooo, this year I ended up putting most of my plants in containers just to see if I would have any more luck that way. Obviously, I'm having more luck with them in the pots than I ever have with them in the ground. *huge grins*

11 comments:

The Hermit said...

My wife and I have frequently tried to raise a garden in North Georgia where we live. But alas,we have chickens and they always destroy it.

Screen Door said...

I'm jealous, green tomatoes-- I just planted mine 3 days ago....

Isabelle said...

They're looking good. It's such fun to grow things!

Patti said...

We have really bad clay also. I've been amending it with stuff for over 30 years. By far the best thing I've found is gypsum.

Libby said...

Good for you - I'm having better luck this year too. I see tomatoes on the vine and the squash . . . it's coming soon *s*

meggie said...

Wow Angie, good for you! We have horrible clay too, & I get so despondant when things just die- or the Garden Vandal uproots them! I tried the pots with little success, but do have parsley now!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Yummy! Lucky you... ;)

kcamou said...

Congratulations! I can't grow anything, so I'm impressed!

teodo said...

This tomato look good.
BRAVISSIMA.
ciao ciao

Angela said...

Yay for you. I planted tomatoes in the big red cast iron bathtub in our back yard. LOL Whatever works!

The Chicken Lady said...

See, I've always wondered if tomatoes would do well in pots. You've answered my question! Those will be so yummy when they're ripe. :)