Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Look What I Did Today!





Can you believe it??? I actually pieced these blocks today. Vicky started it, and then Darlene chimed in, so since I love the block, I decided it was time to make me some too! :D These are really fast and easy to make, so I plan on making lots more in the future.

My volunteer sunflowers are starting to bloom, and they look so cute with my bee balm. I also have this pale yellow lily that I need to put back in the ground somewhere. It's been in that pot a couple of months now.

9 comments:

Darlene said...

Hey girlfriend, I'm so glad to see that you finally got off that boat! LOL

I love, love your spool blocks - they are great! They are addicting - be careful!

Finn said...

Hi Angie, your spool blocks look great! And aren't they fun??
Love the pics of the Captain and crew..*VBS* Nice to see your smiling face. Big hugs, Finn

P.S. Love the applique block, looks great!

Tazzie said...

Hey look at that, you've got your quilting groove back on! Way to go Angie!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

sMC said...

love the spool blocks. Are they done a quick way or the old fashioned piecing way. I can see a great scrap quilt here for the Winter. Love the footprints.

Carol said...

I love those spool blocks!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Glad to see Dewey and Bagder immortalized. The pale yellow lily is very pretty!

Screen Door said...

Vulunteers... flowers for free. Love the spool blocks.. a classic.

Marcie said...

Very cute blocks Angie. I am a sucker for spools! I was afraid you had given up on quilting...

jovaliquilts said...

Those blocks are fun! You can do lots with them, too. :)

I just learned this weekend that I have beesbalm, too. I'm no gardener, so I don't even know what's growing in my yard! We suddenly have lots of bees, and a neighbor came over and said, "No wonder, you've got beesbalm!" Yours looks great with the sunflowers -- mine are near black eyed susans, which have a similar look.
Cheri