Friday, June 08, 2007

Quilty Post Ahead (Well Sorta)

We are in the midst of having our driveway poured in concrete (it's a really really big driveway). They started Monday, and probably by Wednesday I'm out pestering the Man In Charge. Well, low and behold!! his wife is a quilter! Yes, you read that right--she's a QUILTER!! Not only is she a quilter, but she HAND-QUILTS ALLLLL of her quilts. So last night I got a call from his wife, her name is Jean, and she was calling to invite me to come check out the local quilt guild (next meeting isn't until the first Friday in July, I just missed the one of June), and to fill me in a bit about the activities that the guild participate in. So of course, I invite her to 'come on over one day', she says she will before her husband finishes our concrete work. Well, I'm on the computer this a.m. doing a blog-run, and Randy yells in "Hey Angie, you have a visitor." My initial response is "Oh NOOO"--well, of course, my house is a wreck--you can barely walk into or out of my sewing room--you get the picture. Anyway, it was Jean. She came to meet me. :D No, she did NOT call before coming, and to her credit, our messy house didn't seem to phase her one bit. LOL Now, I ask you, what are the chances that this would be the very same woman that was in the checkout line behind me in WalMart probably about a month ago and we strike up a conversation about quilting (of course there were quilt-related items mingled in amongst the groceries LOL). Yep, you got it, the one and the same. Now, is this PROVIDENCE, SMALL WORLD, or what??? ROFL Anyway, she was delightful, the visit was delightful, she was here, what, maybe 3 hours ! (I could have sworn she wasn't here any longer than an hour!!!!), and we are making plans to get together and 'cut and sew'! Now, I haven't had ANY real urge to go play in my fabric and thread in how long? Ages!! Well, I can tell you, I was really really excited when she left, and now I'm all fired up again about, YES! QUILTING!!! So, stay tuned cause, uh Darlene, I think I'm leaving the birds and garden for quilting (FINALLY, Darlene Yells). ROFL I actually had spray-basted a tablerunner early this a.m., and was contemplating turning the sewing machine on to give it a quick diagonal quilt. So, I had been thinking more about maybe doing a LITTLE bit of quilting, even prior to my fun surprise visit! :D

11 comments:

Su Bee said...

Whooo-hooo! Gettin' your mojo back -- isn't it great? How cool is it to run into thee same lady twice -- obviously a friendship meant to be!

Sweet P said...

Wow! What are the chances that someone you met in a line at Wal-Mart comes back into your life? Cool, very cool. Maybe all you needed was a new quilt buddy to get your quilting mojo back.

Tazzie said...

Isn't it funny what a tiny world it is! How wonderful that you're getting your quilt groove back on, I look forward to hearing all about it!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Darcie said...

A new friendship in bloom...how fun is that!

You are going to tell her about our rag rug crocheting, aren't you?! ;-)

Finn said...

Whee...I was beginning to give up that you would post again...so good to see you! And what wonderful news...a friend to share the fabric love and enthusiam with..just what you need! The blogs are great, but everyone needs a friend who quilts..*VBS*
So good to hear your news. Hugs, Finn

Candy Duell said...

Hello Angie,
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and the lovely comment. I love to sew but, I have not gotten into quilting much at all. Even though my all time love is Sunbonnet Sue. But, I read where you also make rag rugs, how bout some pictures of that too :)

Carol said...

What a great story...the world truly is small and what a treat!

Darlene said...

That's a great story, Angie!

Yes, FINALLY - woohoo! I can hardly wait to see what you do. Snag this gold ring and run with it.

Pardon me while I go dance across the desert with excitement!

Libby said...

Yippee Skippy - a new quiltin' buddy *s* You're gonna have some fun now.

meggie said...

You lucky girl! I have just got my urge to sew back too! It is great to have some company.
We will be expecting pictures of course!

Patti said...

Isn't it funny how something as simple as this can turn us back on to quilting. So glad something happened to stir you from your slump. What a happy wonderful time the two of you had - how great you had a chance to get together. And I think the state of one's house matters very little to most quilters - it's the projects, fabric and quilts that are the important thing!