Thursday, June 21, 2007

Shopping Bags



I just made my second trip with my canvas bags that I found on sale at WalMart last week. I was going to make me some, and still may make a couple of 'pretties' to carry around, but these were such a good price and so sturdy that I went ahead and bought a bunch of them. Had them load those puppies up with my groceries, etc., the very same day I bought them. :) I have just gotten back from a trip to the Post Office, Family Dollar, and a small grocery store that's near out P. O. The Family Dollar and IGA loaded those canvas bags and didn't bat an eye! Am I pleased or WHAT???? YESSSS! Also found out that IGA offers paper bags as well! I'm soooo glad to know that. I will be using paper at their store from now on IF I don't have a canvas with me OR not enough canvas bags with me. :D I'm determined to at least rid myself of as many of those plastic bags they're using in every store in the whole country as I can.

I made two more spool blocks before bed last night. Mmmmm, Darlene, looks like you're right again---they ARE addictive!! That's all I've thought about the whole time I've been out running around today (necessary chores)---I wanna go home and make SPOOL BLOCKS!!! LOL

9 comments:

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Okay now I have to look at WalMart for those bags, I am with you was planning to make that schlep bag for using at the grocery.. but those look perfect and gosh on sale too!!!! good find girly!! Those darn plastic bags are going to fill up the world!! :O(

sMC said...

with you on the Ban the plastic Bags. Thanks for sending the link for the blocks......... do I need another addiction. ;)

meggie said...

Good for you Angie, with the bags. I hate the plastic variety.
I keep getting distracted too, want to get quilting, but cant get the chance. I have to go out & look at new carpet!!lol.

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

I hate the plastic bags and would love the canvas bag. Hubby does the shopping and said the canvas bags are a great idea but what would we use to clean up after the dogs.

Carol said...

I hate plastic bags too and would love to go with the canvas ones...but I have 2 95 pound labs...need those plastic bags for our walks in the neighborhood...

Tazzie said...

Very cool, and very eco friendly too!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Darlene said...

Great bags! I detest those plastic grocery store bags but that's all they seem to offer! When we lived in Germany we had to take our own canvas bags or basket(s) - why did I get out of that habit?

I knew you'd be addicted those Spool Blocks! teehee

Darcie said...

I've heard of folks "stripping" those plastic bags and -- get this -- CROCHETING them into rugs! ;-)

Thanks for the tea recipe...it sounds refreshing!

Libby said...

I've been enjoying the heck out of my Trader Joe's bags - but I do like to have a plastic one come through every now and then. They make great packing material for mailing and also are good for pooper scooper duty *s*